Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 06:05 PM

37,123 posts, read 39,337,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
See: https://gothamist.com/2019/06/19/mar...ion_albany.php

This isn't over, not by a long shot.

As have stated already several times this is still early innings. Liberal democrats still have three more years to run down the clock. If you believe their press they will remain in power permanently as the GOP is "dead" in NYS....

In any event look for this hot mess to be taken up yet again soon as state legislature returns next term. They only need one or two more votes.....
Are you in support of the bill? If not, is it the concept of legalization of marijuana as a whole or are there specific points within the bill you think make it bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 08:26 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
THe Senate voted instead to decriminalize marijuana possession.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:54 AM

1,560 posts, read 901,971 times
Be careful what you wish for.

Along with legalization will come the avalanche of laws, regulations, taxes and corporate tie-ins. The Mary Jane business is going to be a soul crushing enterprise brought to you by the same nanny state fools who would have you wearing a helmet and knee pads to ride your bicycle through a suburban park; the same idiots who let all the mom-n-pop businesses nation wide fall into oblivion in favor of the Starbuxification of the once fruited plains.

I'll stick with the black market...

Old 06-21-2019, 12:22 PM

231 posts, read 113,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post

Along with legalization will come the avalanche of laws, regulations, taxes and corporate tie-ins. The Mary Jane business is going to be a soul crushing enterprise brought to you by the same nanny state fools who would have you wearing a helmet and knee pads to ride your bicycle through a suburban park; the same idiots who let all the mom-n-pop businesses nation wide fall into oblivion in favor of the Starbuxification of the once fruited plains.

In NY they looking to legalize prostitution, you can even kill a baby if you choose. IF you want the thrill of straddling the legality line go feed a pigeon or squirrel because that's now illegal. Talk about a broken moral compass and a lack of understanding of human nature / how boundries function.

Old 06-21-2019, 01:11 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,593,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post

Of course it would be nanny state.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:35 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Birdsler View Post
In NY they looking to legalize prostitution, you can even kill a baby if you choose. IF you want the thrill of straddling the legality line go feed a pigeon or squirrel because that's now illegal. Talk about a broken moral compass and a lack of understanding of human nature / how boundries function.
I remember back in the 1980s on my block there was an elderly couple, and that lady used to come outside every morning to feed her pigeons.

The roof of their house for some reason was covered in bird crap

I attributed it to the feeding.

I dont feed pigeons.

They were very nice people though.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-21-2019, 10:25 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times
If you are not black or brown, not much to worry about.

NY should follow what DC has in place currently. The entire country should. Create a red light district for shopping ,let adults grow in a secure environment. Probably get less DUI accidents as well.

As for prostitution, it is another beast completely. The selling of bodies, while trying to keep families together,is a hard to swallow. We a long way from that.

So,was this an empty promise for election?

Old 06-22-2019, 10:37 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
If Cuomo was actually in favor of this, he would have made it happen

Exactly. Too many major cities don't want it legal because they like having an excuse to target black and Hispanics bodies though whites do drug at a similar rate. This country's addiction to the war on drugs must end.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:39 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I remember back in the 1980s on my block there was an elderly couple, and that lady used to come outside every morning to feed her pigeons.

The roof of their house for some reason was covered in bird crap

I attributed it to the feeding.

I dont feed pigeons.

They were very nice people though.
It's so gross. To see ppl feed the goose when I'm in ny is annoying because they sh** everywhere and it's hard to walk.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:48 AM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Cuomo signs legislation decriminalizing marijuana use in NY: https://www.whec.com/news/cuomo-sign...in-ny/5439582/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City