U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-29-2019, 10:16 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,801 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Had an interview for the Kingsbridge apartments in the Bronx. the address in on Jerome Ave. and one of the cross streets are Kingsbridge.

I lived in the Bronx years ago as a little girl. I don't remember where it was or anything about it. Does anyone know anything about this intersection in particular? specifically crime. I have teenage children and I fear them joining gangs. Where we live now is pretty nice, quiet and very low key.


Thanks for any information you can offer.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2019, 11:24 AM
 
325 posts, read 160,561 times
Reputation: 217
Kingsbride In general is better then southern bronx , but in Bronx generally anything around Jerome Avenue is bad . I know that intersection has drug addicts and stuff but I barely go that far up in the Bronx so not too sure what’s it like day to day
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 11:24 AM
 
30,339 posts, read 43,529,623 times
Reputation: 12866
Kingsbridge Road on the 4 train is one of the calmer areas of the west Bronx

Side note: beautiful homes on Grand and Davidson Avenues by Kingsbridge Road

Honestly if I was a developer I would have my eyes on the Fordham Road area right now
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 11:56 AM
 
4,755 posts, read 2,905,856 times
Reputation: 3703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Kingsbride In general is better then southern bronx , but in Bronx generally anything around Jerome Avenue is bad . I know that intersection has drug addicts and stuff but I barely go that far up in the Bronx so not too sure what’s it like day to day

I've heard this.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 11:57 AM
 
4,755 posts, read 2,905,856 times
Reputation: 3703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Kingsbridge Road on the 4 train is one of the calmer areas of the west Bronx

Side note: beautiful homes on Grand and Davidson Avenues by Kingsbridge Road

Honestly if I was a developer I would have my eyes on the Fordham Road area right now

Is the Fordham area as bad as they say it is?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 01:21 PM
 
325 posts, read 160,561 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Is the Fordham area as bad as they say it is?
Fordham I’m a lil more familiar with , yes it is . It’s not as extreme as the far southern bronx but yes it is dangerous and drug filled . When I was over there recently at my friends house it was dead and quiet Actually but it was a Sunday and rained half that day . My friend says he doesent like to hang outside over there anymore because it’s not good and he has a son , but he everybody knows him because he was selling drugs in the area since he was a kid
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 01:36 PM
 
30,339 posts, read 43,529,623 times
Reputation: 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Is the Fordham area as bad as they say it is?
Yes
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 12:14 PM
 
225 posts, read 213,244 times
Reputation: 173
Please remember that house numbers on east-west Bronx streets begin at Jerome Avenue. The #4 station may be labeled Kingsbridge Road, but it is where East Kingsbridge Road becomes West Kingsbridge Road. 600 West Kingsbridge Road is a healthy distance from 600 East Kingsbridge Road. When searching for businesses or homes and on all mail it is important to distinguish East from West.
---
North-south house numbers generally increase northwards. I can think of no street or avenue in The Bronx that is divided with prefixes North and South, but there may be some smaller streets so marked.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Southeast US
11 posts, read 5,393 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Is the Fordham area as bad as they say it is?
Yes, unfortunately. The area by Webster Ave is particullary dangerous.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 05:20 PM
 
4,755 posts, read 2,905,856 times
Reputation: 3703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Fordham I’m a lil more familiar with , yes it is . It’s not as extreme as the far southern bronx but yes it is dangerous and drug filled . When I was over there recently at my friends house it was dead and quiet Actually but it was a Sunday and rained half that day . My friend says he doesent like to hang outside over there anymore because it’s not good and he has a son , but he everybody knows him because he was selling drugs in the area since he was a kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yes



Wow! I remember many years ago when shopping I said what a bustling area this is...I wouldn't mind moving here. Then I heard how it was from someone who lived there and now people on this forum. Well, I guess if I ever do move back then Fordham is off the list.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top