Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 04:26 PM

19 posts, read 17,454 times

Advertisements

My parents bought a home a long time ago for dirt cheap... 30kish in brooklyn. now our tenants dont want to pay due to rent hikes.

is it fair to hike from 1500 to 2500 as the rest do nowadays? it's a 3 family house, so double the above as Ilive in one.

I just think it's not fair that they dont want to pay because I use a lot of boat gas during the week since it's nice out and it covers all expenses.

it's been 10 years and my boat needs repair and these tenants simply do not want to pay up anymore. I even kicked them out by force one time but then they paid up. that was 2 years ago and I dont want to keep bringing the bat downstairs everytime they miss a payment... I also think they know that the bat method wont work anymore as they brought bats too so now I dont want to fight them, especially when there are 10 of them on the 1st floor living together.

i told them so many times, no smoking weed after 10pm and to stop selling at my front door steps as there is literally no space to walk outside. I even told the delivery man in the honda odyssey to deliver the packages to them in a separate mailbox I made them so I dont have to breathe in their blunt while I roll mine.

I'm just tired of this city and these insconsiderate people. ****. I mean, what's 2500 in rent when they make like 20k a month selling dope.

am I crazy for hiking the rent 1000 extra a month?

Old 07-01-2019, 04:44 PM

700 posts, read 422,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faque View Post
My parents bought a home a long time ago for dirt cheap... 30kish in brooklyn. now our tenants dont want to pay due to rent hikes.

is it fair to hike from 1500 to 2500 as the rest do nowadays? it's a 3 family house, so double the above as Ilive in one.

I just think it's not fair that they dont want to pay because I use a lot of boat gas during the week since it's nice out and it covers all expenses.

it's been 10 years and my boat needs repair and these tenants simply do not want to pay up anymore. I even kicked them out by force one time but then they paid up. that was 2 years ago and I dont want to keep bringing the bat downstairs everytime they miss a payment... I also think they know that the bat method wont work anymore as they brought bats too so now I dont want to fight them, especially when there are 10 of them on the 1st floor living together.

i told them so many times, no smoking weed after 10pm and to stop selling at my front door steps as there is literally no space to walk outside. I even told the delivery man in the honda odyssey to deliver the packages to them in a separate mailbox I made them so I dont have to breathe in their blunt while I roll mine.

I'm just tired of this city and these insconsiderate people. ****. I mean, what's 2500 in rent when they make like 20k a month selling dope.

am I crazy for hiking the rent 1000 extra a month?
So basically what you’re saying is if you left NYc and did the same thing in another city, the tenants would be happy and pay the increased $1,000 rent?

Old 07-01-2019, 05:10 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Can you imagine your landlord saying, “I need to up your rent by 1,000 because my yacht needs repairs.”

Old 07-01-2019, 05:15 PM

19 posts, read 17,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
So basically what you’re saying is if you left NYc and did the same thing in another city, the tenants would be happy and pay the increased $1,000 rent?
no but they are stacking right now. They get about 5 deliveries per day. And there is 10 of them in each apt.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:52 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
So let's see. Do you live in NY or SF? Troll much? Busted.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...m-done-sf.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: