Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 08:36 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,118 times

Advertisements

Chipotle = gentrification.
In other words,they suck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 10:40 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,591,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Have you ever ate there? It's pretty good for what it is. I also don't see how it's any more "gentrified" than the chain fast food that exists in pretty much any neighborhood. Getting a burrito + drink is only slightly more expensive than a Big Mac meal, but it is more satisfying and has higher quality.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:13 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times
kapikap only eats chopped cheese with a 40oz to wash it down.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:54 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,591,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
King if Falafel is good. It’s on 53rd and Park.
Rafiqii is good, on 52nd and park.
And you have Greek, Gusys. On 50th and park. Usually a line of 100 people by 12:30. They are good as well.

All wishing 8/11$

Mexican trucks do appear from time to time, but it’s a hit or miss.

Overall we lack variety and zing other areas have with the trucks.

Would love to see some solid Philly cheese steak trucks, Mexican , Thai and real BBQ truck.
I would love some real BBQ. Apparently city restrictions lead to a pretty limited number of real barbecue places available? Apparently there's a place in East Williamsburg/Bushwick that has a real smoker, I want to try it some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
No I dont agree

Halal will always lead in the hood

We have a halal cart right on my block, 6 days a week (I'm not sure about Sundays)

Their food is good, I have to be in the type of mood to eat it tho
Depends which hood, if there are a lot of Mexicans there then you might see more taco trucks.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:22 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Support the local knock-off and get your mission-style burritos from Dos Toros?

Old 07-20-2019, 01:07 PM

779 posts, read 1,003,291 times
Mexican taco trucks are usually located in Mexican neighborhoods, or at least where many reside. I have 2 go to taco trucks, one Mexican restaurant in sunset and 1 by Brighton Beach. All service delicious food for reasonable price.

As far as halal, my new go to spot that I discovered in Brooklyn, is Gyro King, great prices, generous portions, delicious food, open 24 hours.

I went to Halal guys last year dkr the first time, I was impressed, they’re hot sauce was delicious and unforgiving.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:17 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,158 times
All these carts do is put legitimate storefront restaurants and cafes out of business.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:32 PM

5,803 posts, read 2,928,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I would love some real BBQ. Apparently city restrictions lead to a pretty limited number of real barbecue places available? Apparently there's a place in East Williamsburg/Bushwick that has a real smoker, I want to try it some day.

Depends which hood, if there are a lot of Mexicans there then you might see more taco trucks.
I went on a quest years ago for good bbq.
LIc has John Brown bbq. Superb.
Mighty Quinn is OK in the city.

Legends bar in Jackson heights is a dive that had amazing bbq years ago, but they changed owners and it has never been the same since.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:22 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I went on a quest years ago for good bbq.
LIc has John Brown bbq. Superb.
Mighty Quinn is OK in the city.

Legends bar in Jackson heights is a dive that had amazing bbq years ago, but they changed owners and it has never been the same since.
Hometown BBQ in Red Hook is also good. I heard Legends changed owners again within the last year and the BBQ has gotten better again, though haven't visited so don't know if it's up to the level where it used to be.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:17 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Do you agree? Manhattan is still filled with halal/hot dog trucks of course, but I'm seeing more and more Mexican food trucks pop up (in all 5 boroughs) and I personally find the food from those to be a lot better on average.
Nope. Don't agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: