Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 08:03 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,209,092 times

Advertisements

I got a keystone from overstock last may so its been used now two summers. Thru the wall for around $400.
I bought it based upon reviews. May want to check out the site. They had other brands too and I believe if you sign up for their email you get 15% off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 08:58 AM

25,368 posts, read 36,956,293 times
Thanks LSNYC,
I will check out Overstock. I bought several carpets from them.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:19 AM

Question...use your imagination.
You are looking at the outside of your air conditioner and seeing THROUGH the condenser coil. Is the fan running clockwise or Counterciockwise?

A guess is alright.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:21 PM

106,238 posts, read 108,237,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Question...use your imagination.
You are looking at the outside of your air conditioner and seeing THROUGH the condenser coil. Is the fan running clockwise or Counterciockwise?

A guess is alright.
This is through the wall or a sleeve unit yes?

There is no standard rotation,it just has to match the blade pitch on the condenser side and rotation design of the squirrel cage on the inside of the evaporator .

most common is looking at the evaporator in the inside of the house it goes clockwise ...it. Is a double shaft motor

Old 08-27-2019, 06:32 AM

SIngle motor, Single shaft through the wall.
So if it is going clockwise for the evaporator inside it would be going counter-clockwise for the condenser fan. Sound reasonable?
<I want to give the outside fan a push start with a chopstick but I cannot see either of the fans without pulling the heavy unit into the room and removing the cover, something my back would rather not do.

If you don't hear from me for a couple weeks it likely means I fell out the window,

Old 08-27-2019, 06:55 AM

106,238 posts, read 108,237,907 times
Quote:
So if it is going clockwise for the evaporator inside it would be going counter-clockwise for the condenser fan. Sound reasonable?
<I want to give the outside fan a push start with a chopstick but I cannot see either of the fans without pulling the heavy unit into the room and removing the cover, something my back would rather not do.

If you don't hear from me for a couple weeks it likely means I fell out the window,
usually they turn clockwise from the front of an ac unit . but not always . the motors usually say ccw or cw ..

you can tell looking at the blower wheel to see which way it is cupped .

How to detrermine direction of your blower wheel: Examples

Old 08-27-2019, 08:32 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,522,752 times
Quote:

Well, I was trying to picture you looking through your AC from the outside, hanging off the side of the building...

Old 08-27-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Well, I was trying to picture you looking through your AC from the outside, hanging off the side of the building...

Pretty close.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
usually they turn clockwise from the front of an ac unit . but not always . the motors usually say ccw or cw ..

you can tell looking at the blower wheel to see which way it is cupped .

How to detrermine direction of your blower wheel: Examples

I cannot see either the inner nor outer fans, nor the fans' motor. Like the Pinball Wizard, I must operate by sense of smell. I can hang over the windowsill and reach in aside the condenser and fan cowl with a chopstick and push down or up and hope I don't tumble out the window: My torso is heavier than my legs. My husband used to hold my legs in the apartment when he was alive for antics like this.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:13 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,209,092 times
Can anyone help me. Recently my AC started to have a smell. Its a thru the wall AC. On its second year. I usually use it on dry-low. It hate to say it smells like pee . I'm on a high floor so it isn't....
I took it out, took it apart and cleaned it. Actually wasn't very dirty, no mold and when I took the filter out it looked like new. Put it back together, in the wall and the smell is still there.
Only odd thing was when I took it out and put it on the floor there was a puddle left.
Any help? Suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: