Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2019, 08:12 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
There’s no way for you to know what pills are being sold unless your buying them. Stop assuming. Unless you are buying the pills which would explain your typing lol. They can be Advil and just as innocent as cigarettes like you say. So hopefully the cops in this climate just drive by and don’t see any crime occurring and just continue on home later on . Good luck nyc

Opinion:

It's an affront to confront an officer.
Officers deserve the utmost respect!
Simply obeying police orders would
have led to non restraining techniques
and Garner may still be alive today.

In retrospect:
Selling loosies...................is illegal under rules of FDA.
Selling loosies to minors is a civil offense according to State
Law 1992 Synar Ammendment under 18/21 years of age.
Government issued photo id must verify identity and age.
Selling loosies is a criminal offense in the State of New York.

The fact that a criminal act ( no matter how small ) was committed
and due to non compliance of authoritative rule an individual of extremely
frail health died during the course of apprehension.

Fair Warning to the Wayward Bound: If you want to do the crime think twice about running out of time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 08:19 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Well it’s good that he is facing consequences . Most NYPD and cops from other states commit felonies and all just get suspended as if this is high school . That badge is usually a get out of jail free card . It’s also I can do whatever I want card , it really is . Many cops are power mad and abuse it ; sure there are some good cops that are respectable but with all the organizations there’s corruption and evil and the police force have and will always have that .
I’m going to bust my butt for people like this above when I can do nothing and get paid the same? Lol ok

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-20-2019, 08:26 AM

Default Mayor DeBlasio at the forefront of anti-policing policies!

Plain and simple.
What is your take on the Mayor's reaction to the firing of Officer Panteleo?
He pretty much summed it up that justice was served.

Opinion:
Never in my years have I witnessed the destruction of the New York City Police Department
as under the control of our current Mayor.

Police Officers bring safety to a State ,a city, a neighborhood, a town, a village and locality.

The criminals want to control our city and the mayor is suppressing the officers ability
to do so while putting their lives at risk on a daily basis
all while hurdling rocks,buckets,bottles at police has only escalated..........................

What is your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:28 AM

419 posts, read 625,551 times
What can you do, wait him out.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowplayer2 View Post

I surprised no one came up with a count down clock for DeBlasio out of office...............

You heard it here first!

Old 08-20-2019, 08:31 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,572,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:

It's an affront to confront an officer.
Officers deserve the utmost respect!
Simply obeying police orders would
have led to non restraining techniques
and Garner may still be alive today.

In retrospect:
Selling loosies...................is illegal under rules of FDA.
Selling loosies to minors is a civil offense according to State
Law 1992 Synar Ammendment under 18/21 years of age.
Government issued photo id must verify identity and age.
Selling loosies is a criminal offense in the State of New York.

The fact that a criminal act ( no matter how small ) was committed
and due to non compliance of authoritative rule an individual of extremely
frail health died during the course of apprehension.

Fair Warning to the Wayward Bound: If you want to do the crime think twice about running out of time!
I think that’s the point that people fail to understand or simply ignore.

If Garner did not resist, it would not lead to all the problem. Sure, officer shouldn’t use the restricted chokehold, but that only happen because of the resist of arrest. Sure, Garner call out 10 times he can’t breathe, but who is to say for sure that maybe he was just faking it and in return attempting to attack the officer? No one knows the intention of a target.

It is so easy for the Mayor to say no life should be taken. Let the Mayor try to do the job as a police officer, and see how long he can stand to take the craps officer deal with every single day.

If one is truly innocent and not guilty, he or she can sue the city after they are release from the arrest. What’s so complicated to understand?

Old 08-20-2019, 08:53 AM

325 posts, read 198,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’m going to bust my butt for people like this above when I can do nothing and get paid the same? Lol ok
Don’t get ahead of yourself papa , what job can u get paid the exact same and do nothing ? Sure cops don’t start off with a lot of money but there’s pay increases . And based on the work y’all do , ya don’t bust y’all butts . 90 percent of time y’all are walking , standing driving etc ... I don’t consider y’all writing tickets and responding to a few calls hard labor sorry .( I think the detectives u can describe as working hard but not patrolman , patrolman are security guards with guns ) But don’t get me wrong I respect the good cops , just keep the city safe best you can and don’t become corrupt because I know there’s still good cops out there .

Old 08-20-2019, 08:53 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowplayer2 View Post
What comes after him could be worst!!

Old 08-20-2019, 08:55 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Exactly my point. I’m going to do nothing and still make more than close to 2/3 of NY’ers.

Also not a PO, so I make more than them too.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-20-2019, 09:52 AM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
I am curious if all cops are angry about the decision or if the angry reaction or level of anger depends on race. I'm not trying to start a thread debate which will have to be closed. Just curious since the media has only shown the PBA president, who of course, has expressed outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City