Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 09:27 AM

181 posts, read 82,006 times

Advertisements

Good morning all!

A friend and I are visiting for a weekend, Manhattan... I need 3 really special restaurant recommendations, one Italian. Price is no object. Its 2.5 weeks out , considering reservations. Thank you so much in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 10:10 AM

46 posts, read 30,453 times
For Italian, try Marea or Carbone.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:17 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,611,879 times
Price no object?

Google the Michelin list and go down the line checking for reservations.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
Best French restaurant- La Grenouille, closed now but will reopen in September.

Best steakhouse- Keens

Best French seafood restaurant- Le Bernardin

Best Italian restaurant? My favorite NYC Italian restaurant, La Groceria, closed many years ago.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:51 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCopeland View Post
Good morning all!

A friend and I are visiting for a weekend, Manhattan... I need 3 really special restaurant recommendations, one Italian. Price is no object. Its 2.5 weeks out , considering reservations. Thank you so much in advance!!!

If you like steak and price is no object, the most special of the special for the last 200 years or so has been Delmonico's in the financial district. For Italian, I really liked Tribeca Grill, in Tribeca (it is owned by Robert De Niro).

Disclosure: I am not a gourmet, or frequent restaurant eater, or a New Yorker, but a family member was recently taken to Delmonico's by a business partner, and was singing praises to the steak, and this past early March I was caught hungry and cold in an icy rain near De Niro's restaurant, took a refuge and nourishment there, and had one of the best meals of my life (pappardelle with lamb), plus De Niro's drawings on the walls were very interesting. Delmonico's is very famous, Tribeca Grill is as famous as De Niro I guess.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:51 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Been to Keens. No where near being the best steakhouse in NYC. Start with Pete Luger's (but reservations are a b_itch), then Old Homestead (best crab cake I've every had.) Honorable mention to Wolfgangs. Started by a Luger alum who wanted to replicate the Lugar experience in Manhattan, and takes credit cards (Lugar doesn't)

How many people is this for. If it's a lot, there are some good family style Italian places to try. If not there are a MILLION little ones for two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Best French restaurant- La Grenouille, closed now but will reopen in September.

Best steakhouse- Keens

Best French seafood restaurant- Le Bernardin

Best Italian restaurant? My favorite NYC Italian restaurant, La Groceria, closed many years ago.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:07 PM

181 posts, read 82,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Been to Keens. No where near being the best steakhouse in NYC. Start with Pete Luger's (but reservations are a b_itch), then Old Homestead (best crab cake I've every had.) Honorable mention to Wolfgangs. Started by a Luger alum who wanted to replicate the Lugar experience in Manhattan, and takes credit cards (Lugar doesn't)

How many people is this for. If it's a lot, there are some good family style Italian places to try. If not there are a MILLION little ones for two.

Just 2

Old 08-21-2019, 12:23 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,762,507 times
If price is not a factor, my favorites:

French--Le Bernadin (Rockefeller Center)
Italian--Babbo (The Village)
Steak--Peter Luger's (Brooklyn) or The Palm (Turtle Bay)

At Babbo reservations are advised, but they do sometimes take walk-ins.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:04 PM

15,583 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCopeland View Post
Good morning all!

I suggest that you check Zagat and the Chowhound website.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:16 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Please travel to Brooklyn. The N train will take you within 3 ( safe walking ) blocks.
Mama Rao's is the best Italian Restaurant Food you could ever want....Pricey......
but you will remember the experience for the rest of your life..................
............Awesome......awesome.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City