Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 12:39 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
My biggest annoyance in the City is the alternate side of the street parking times. Worse you saw the sweeper pass at 8am but since the time let's say on the sign is 930am, you still have to worry about a ticket from the Sanitation police if you park.
IMPO street sweeping achieves absolutely nothing; it just comes off as another cash cow, similar to speed cameras. Sanitation would be better off hiring people with brooms and dust pans if it were truly trying to clean the streets. I agree with your initial point though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 01:04 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I support alternate side of the street parking, though I hate moving my car. Without it, it would be near impossible to get a parking spot in my family's neighborhood as residents wouldn't feel the need to move their car but occasionally.

That said, its still a pain and is probably my second biggest pet peeve about NYC after the insanely high tolls.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:46 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,929,475 times
Scaffolding!!! I hate it.. Huge scaffolding just went up in front f my job. I know its not coming down for the next 5-10 years!
I hate that the City's construction is never ending. I can't walk 5 city blocks without scaffolding.

On the fun side.. I route my walks in the rain under scaffolding, so I will never need an umbrella in the city!!

Old 09-10-2019, 09:43 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
People are becoming too self-absorbed when paying for whatever they've ordered. Stop having f-ing conversations, get your crap, pay and move on!! It seems like every time I go somewhere now, if self checkout isn't involved, the cashier has to sit and have a drawn out conversation with the person at the register. Happened this morning and Saturday as well. I was at Blue Bottle on the Upper West. Line was going out the door, and the cashier was sitting there talking with the father and playing with the kid... Just ridiculous...

Old 09-10-2019, 10:01 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I like the alternate side of the parking, it does keep the streets clean and if they didnt have it, who would clean the streets???
and since we have so many pigs that live amongst us, we do need it.

it is also good because people cant leave thier cars parked there indefinetely, so i am 100 percent in favor of alternate side of the street parking.

i ahe when your looking for a parking spce, and see someone get in thier car and they have to do 100000000 things before they actually leave the spot.

if i see someone wants my spot because Im leaving, i try to hurry and not have the peopl wait forever, but everyone else seems tot ake all the time in the world.

Alos, while making a turn on a street, the people walking, one would think you'd scurry a little faster, yet they lollygag with all the time in the world to cross the street, like jesus christ can ya walk a little faster????

or watching the mother wheeling the baby down the block with the phone glued to her ear, i feel like smakcing her for no reason, it drives me nuts.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
Scaffolding!!! I hate it.. Huge scaffolding just went up in front f my job. I know its not coming down for the next 5-10 years!
I hate that the City's construction is never ending. I can't walk 5 city blocks without scaffolding.

On the fun side.. I route my walks in the rain under scaffolding, so I will never need an umbrella in the city!!
Scaffolding is out of control. Walking around Manhattan, in some parts of the City, it's almost on every block.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:15 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
No subway that directly connects Queens to Brooklyn (G takes a huge detour through Bed Stuy that takes forever)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City