Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 09:46 AM

1,560 posts, read 901,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
All it takes is for Muslims parents who were discriminated against during 9/11 who currently have kids in school to start an opt out of the moment of silence to get the ball rolling.
Ah yes, the real victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 08:45 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think that makes any sense. The kids have no attachment to or memory of that day.

It's part of the propaganda campaign to create knee jerk Pavlovian response to the crime(s) that day. Few want to delve into what actually happened that day. And when they do they get censored or their additional information is 'pulled' from controlled media.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/11359717

It covered up the massive $2.3 trillion theft of unaccounted military spending which the "airplane/missile" destroyed the day after Donald Rumsfeld mentioned it. And gave the continued pretext to ramp up $pending in war economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN_NGYdgDck

Perish the thought the American public learn what may have happened that day....
Do you remember this Art installation at the WTC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeiHHecxRIo

Old 09-11-2019, 06:01 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,346,965 times
It's hard to believe that it is 18 years since 9/11 and most the children (excluding a few seniors) in school weren't even born yet when this happened. So definitely something that should be in the NYC school curriculum.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:32 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It's hard to believe that it is 18 years since 9/11 and most the children (excluding a few seniors) in school weren't even born yet when this happened. So definitely something that should be in the NYC school curriculum.
Oh, I definitely agree. I just think that they won't get the moment of silence thing.

But, my own kid is 28 now and I don't live in New York anyway, so I have no dog in this fight.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:17 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
If 9/11 never happened in 01' and happens now. I think it would be a lot more traumatic. Back in 01' NYers were a lot tougher and not as hypersensitive as people are today. The good thing is that Trump is President, he wouldn't let the Saudis run free from responsibility as Bush did.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Cuomo is trying to make the next generation not forget but they're going to forget anyways just like everyone does for everything in history.

Life goes on

Old 09-11-2019, 04:17 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,264,406 times
I was only 4 then, so there's not much I can remember beyond the activities that occurred in my daycare.

But I must say, it's quite unnerving to see that time period, not far removed from today, covered as a history lesson. Between the emergency vehicle wreckage and the clothing store, that 9/11 Museum is literally "modern" ancient ruins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If 9/11 never happened in 01' and happens now. I think it would be a lot more traumatic. Back in 01' NYers were a lot tougher and not as hypersensitive as people are today.
Not to mention smartphones, which results in LOTS more and HIGHER quality footage, final calls to friends, family, 911, etc. So much content for Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, LiveLeak, WorldStar, etc it would be insane.

Last edited by kemahkami; 09-11-2019 at 04:26 PM..

Old 09-11-2019, 04:27 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
I was only 4 then, so there's not much I can remember beyond the activities that occurred in my daycare.

But I must say, it's quite unnerving to see that time period, not far removed from today, covered as a history lesson. Between the emergency vehicle wreckage and the clothing store, that 9/11 Museum is literally "modern" ancient ruins.
yeah, scary is seeing your life is in a history lesson

Old 09-11-2019, 05:54 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Cuomo is trying to make the next generation not forget but they're going to forget anyways just like everyone does for everything in history.

Life goes on
Poor kids today, every time they turn around this or that politician or SJW is shoving something down school's throats to teach "history" or whatever of so they "won't forget".

Used to be just American history was enough. Then they added WWII/Holocaust, slavery/African American "experience", LGBT, and perhaps others depending upon local government. If the de Vos woman gets her way religion will be next thing shoved down school kids throats.

Lots of horrible events happened in NY history (state and or city) that no one talks about much today. Draft Riots (where Irish and other whites beat up, lynched, killed, looted) against blacks is one that comes to mind.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:19 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Maybe they thought it would be downright embarrassing if someone visiting from out of town asked a question (ala interviewer on the street tryng to prove some point) and the kid said, "huh?" I know that a lot of families that experienced the devastation will pass along the stories to their kids and so forth, but to what extent thereafter, who knows.

The license plates that read, "we will never forget" . I can just imagine some years down the road, there will be some interviewer trying to prove that x-amount of people have forgotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City