Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 07:32 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,199,017 times

Advertisements

Bricks from the roof, thats how its done in the ghetto

lol at talking to ghetto folks blasting music at 5am....did you really think you can reason with them?

do you see their cars parked unattended after they go to sleep? you know what to do then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 07:46 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,366,734 times
Get a paintball gun and start shooting at them from your window. You don't want to kill or seriously hurt them, just get them to scattered. Try to be discreet.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:50 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,366,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
Bricks from the roof, thats how its done in the ghetto

lol at talking to ghetto folks blasting music at 5am....did you really think you can reason with them?

do you see their cars parked unattended after they go to sleep? you know what to do then
The thing with bricks is that you could seriously injure or kill one of them. Then you go to jail for trying to be a good samaritan. Trust me those degenerates that are out there at that hour are not worth going to jail for.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:06 AM

48 posts, read 38,392 times
What else u expect from CORNBREADS

Old 09-24-2019, 08:32 AM

36,918 posts, read 38,874,163 times
You not be the only one, so see if you can get the other residents to call in complaints. If no one is calling in complaints, then you might be the only one.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:50 AM

6,665 posts, read 5,938,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
Throw eggs and water balloons at them out the window
This is exactly right. Eggs are more effective. They will simply move to the next block.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:16 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,658,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RForster View Post
There is this group of people outside my apartment window and every weekend they are outside blasting their music from their car, max volume, max bass, yelling, cursing, slamming bottles. I called the 911 twice and they never came (Not upset, it's nyc I'm sure there were bigger problems) but this has been driving me crazy every friday/saturday for a month.

I have lived in NYC all my life, I get that it can be loud. I have heard people outside loud before and I usually close the windows even turn on the fan to drown them out, if that works I'm cool with that but these people are so loud and obnoxious it doesn't work. Before this I have never called the cops on loud music/neighbors before, again I get what comes with NYC. So I go outside and politely asked them to keep it down and the big guy told me to go fu*k myself and didn't care that he was keeping me awake.

If the cops won't come what can I do? This needs to stop - I wonder why other people are not calling the cops or..maybe they are and they just have not come.

Excerpt:
If the cops won't come what can I do?

Opinion:
Move.......... The city is a crap hole. ( especially any thing remotely resembling or within the vicinity of a housing project )
This type of behavior does not go unresolved in the nicer boroughs where people actually care for their surroundings whether
renting or owning. Folks would come out in swarms before volunteer,private security,and cops show up and run these hood rats off the street.............

Old 09-24-2019, 09:17 AM

1,486 posts, read 974,854 times
This thread have the most funniest replies ive ever seen LMAO!!

There are ways around this. What floor are you on and what area do you live in? If you are on the ground floor or second floor it will be tough.

Solution....get a paintball gun, freeze the paintballs over night and when the music starts shoot at the car windows. If you have a good angle without sticking yourself out the window aim for the windshield. That will cost them the most to fix and will force them to move to the next block. After a couple of times of this your issue will be resolved.

Amazon also sells some nice BB guns that are quieter so they wont hear the shooting, great for taking out windows but the C02 canisters are so small.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:05 AM

444 posts, read 383,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
This is part and parcel when you're a gentrifier. Accept the diversity you bigot.
Actually it’s part of living around people who don’t respect others. Gentrification or not.

I’m not a gentrifier by the way...So what I have done is I’ve found music that is opposite of what is being played and crank it just as loud...I might even sing along.

Wanna do rap, I’ll do gospel. Wanna do gospel I will do country. Wanna do Spanish I will put on the best Soca or Calypso.

I’m a nice neighbor until Peppermint Petty wants to visit.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:18 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,211,096 times
Install flood lights and yep blast religion music
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City