Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 10:39 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times

Advertisements

Prison or jail is big business, would not be surprised if jails were sub contracted north of the catskills,to the highest bidder/greasiest spoon...

But for real. Many industrial zones exist in the 5 boros,where residents should not give a rats ... about.

In Queens, Maspeth,Glendale,Astoria,over by the junk yard at citifield..

I'm sure the boonies have nice large areas in bk,bx,mh and si.

Floating megabarges won't be too bad of an ideo.

Right next door to the courts would be best. No traffic from the people staffed and transporting to and from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 10:54 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Jails are actually big business for NYC. Because those in jail are being billed for their time there and usually come out in debt forcing them to become full-time criminal
New York pay to stay is a max of $1/week, only for inmates who are working. Nobody's making big bucks off that.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:47 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not at all.

Again all the conservatives here, who don't want Black people in their neighborhoods and who make it quite clear they don't, I guess they can rejoice when they woman's baby gets killed in gunfire, when the college student has his Iphone stolen, or when the old lady is harassed by hoodlums.

Don't even pretend to care when it's quite clear many of you don't.
Can you give us an example of these posts? Fyi, on another thread I asked you for examples of posts where conservatives decried disability as well. You have yet to respond. Just a reminder.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-13-2019, 10:03 AM

201 posts, read 85,133 times
Quote:
Not at all.

Again all the conservatives here, who don't want Black people in their neighborhoods and who make it quite clear they don't, I guess they can rejoice when they woman's baby gets killed in gunfire, when the college student has his Iphone stolen, or when the old lady is harassed by hoodlums.

Your brain is malfunctioning and clogged with muck.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:00 PM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Not at all.

You have a very big misconception about conservatives. It is actually the far left that cares little for communities of color.

Please explain to me how liberal cities like New York and Chicago are the most segregated in the country. A few months back even the housing lotteries were under fire for contributing to segregation.

Not to mention Margaret Sangers Planned Parenthood- specifically designed to exterminate children of color of whom Margaret referred to as “weeds”. Yet progressives pass this genocide as a “woman’s right to choose.”

Oh man don’t get me started.

Last edited by stormgal; 10-13-2019 at 01:09 PM..

Old 10-13-2019, 01:05 PM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
One more thing - the open borders policy that the left strives to create- all of which is designed specifically to make Trump look like a racist (simply because he’s anti open borders) never mind the fact that those border laws have existed before. Anyway - do people not realize that these individuals- whom no one knows anything about (cause they are undocumented) can be killers, drug dealers and lord knows what else?

But in applying policies that will allow anyone to come here without proper documentation will only stress out our law enforcement agencies and contribute to high crime in poor neighborhoods which mainly consist of communities of color. Or did you think that these undocumented people will move to billionaires row over in 5th Avenue?

Old 10-13-2019, 04:23 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You have a very big misconception about conservatives. It is actually the far left that cares little for communities of color.

Please explain to me how liberal cities like New York and Chicago are the most segregated in the country. A few months back even the housing lotteries were under fire for contributing to segregation.

Not to mention Margaret Sangers Planned Parenthood- specifically designed to exterminate children of color of whom Margaret referred to as “weeds”. Yet progressives pass this genocide as a “woman’s right to choose.”

You do know why Black people left Southern states for cities in the North, don’t you?

I too completely support a woman’s right to chose? I certainly am not getting some relatives unwanted children dumped on me. Being that women can in theory have a child every 9 months, she can save having children until she and her husband/partner can support the child. I think abortion and all birth control are good.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

And states like Mississippi it’s almost impossible to get Medicaid, and there serious health and poverty issues among the rural Black population.

There maybe issues in NYC, yes.

But with free college from CUNY and SUNY, public transportation severely cutting back in transportation costs, Medicaid being more expansive socioeconomic mobility is certainly more feasible in NYC itself.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:34 PM

It should be noted I currently live in Europe where due government subsidies, education is cheap and medicine is free. This is good for people of all races.

Effectively the non white immigrants who come to America and I are one and the same. The whole while I was in NYC peoole asked if I was Dominican, Brazilian, Cuba
, Jamaican, Colombian, Nigerian, or whatever other country that has lots of people of African descent.

So anyone anti immigrant is going to be anti Black and vice versa.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:36 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
So anyone anti immigrant is going to be anti Black and vice versa.
Even you can’t actually believe the nonsense you spew.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: