Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 09:47 AM

5,152 posts, read 4,984,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
And now its clean, and you're still not happy? Or do you want 2,000 murders a year again? It's never going back to that. Society has changed from the 1990s to now, but you're clearly blind.
Should I repeat it for you:

1 crime is more than enough for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 09:48 AM

34,105 posts, read 47,338,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Should I repeat it for you:

1 crime is more than enough for me
So then move if thats the case.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
So then move if thats the case.
I believe more people here want you to leave... want to start a survey on that?

Old 10-12-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
You live in NYC? What neighborhood?
Why? Want to come and get me???

Old 10-12-2019, 09:51 AM

Listen no need to go back and forth with me. Either you're going to be part of the solution or part of the problem. The problem is, like many others, you want people to be at your beck and call and not pay. This is a city, and its a business, like it or not. There will always be crime. If you want zero crime, move to the suburbs, and do everything yourself - get your own water, dispose of your own garbage, etc.

The NYC suburbs are experiencing a situation of "eating too much cake." They want the city experience but want it at the expense of others. Thats why their taxes are 20K for anything halfway decent.

The problem is everybody wants to complain and nobody wants to put in the work to fix.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:53 AM

Look, if Downtown Brooklyn is too scary for you, simply dont go there anymore. If you work down there, tell your boss you're too scared to come to work.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Listen no need to go back and forth with me. Either you're going to be part of the solution or part of the problem. The problem is, like many others, you want people to be at your beck and call and not pay. This is a city, and its a business, like it or not. There will always be crime. If you want zero crime, move to the suburbs, and do everything yourself - get your own water, dispose of your own garbage, etc.

The NYC suburbs are experiencing a situation of "eating too much cake." Thats why their taxes are 20K for anything halfway decent.

The problem is everybody wants to complain and nobody wants to put in the work to fix.
You crime-defending attitude/agenda is a big part of the problem and can never be the solution in any way.
You constantly jump on people who voice their concerns about crime, which seems bizarre and please explain what your drive is...

Old 10-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You crime-defending attitude/agenda is a big part of the problem and can never be the solution in any way.
You constantly jump on people who voice their concerns about crime, which seems bizarre and please explain what your drive is...
LOL I am not defending crime. I am a realist who believes nobody is perfect. Therefore, if you want perfection, you have to create that yourself. So move. And create that zero crime perfection you desire.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Look, if Downtown Brooklyn is too scary for you, simply dont go there anymore. If you work down there, tell your boss you're too scared to come to work.
The same preach to ask everyone to live with crime instead of fighting crime?

Do you understand that that crime spreads like fire, if you don’t contain it, it will eventually come and get you???

Old 10-12-2019, 09:59 AM

6,155 posts, read 4,533,615 times
This entire thread is meaningless because there's a shootout every day in this country and the majority of them happen far from NYC. I live not in the suburbs, but in farm country, and the paper here has shootings, drug busts, murders and traffic fatalities DAILY. The country is full of guns, drugs, and poor people who are getting poorer. Also mental patients who can't get treatment. If you want a crime-free society, you have to, at the very least, leave the country entirely. (Also want to point out that people being pushed out of the "city" go to - Brooklyn????)

With a rise in poverty, there's a rise in crime. Learn some history.

The more guns, the more likelihood someone will use one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City