Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 03:47 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Opens next Sunday October 27.
Thanks! Looks like they'll open at 7am. I plan on being in NYC that weekend (I discovered a Wegmans here in Alexandria yesterday and have been on cloud 9) and may take my folks there to introduce them to the joint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 04:02 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Thanks! Looks like they'll open at 7am. I plan on being in NYC that weekend (I discovered a Wegmans here in Alexandria yesterday and have been on cloud 9) and may take my folks there to introduce them to the joint.
May be a good idea to get there very early opening day. I have a feeling it will be a madhouse.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:05 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
I just read that when Wegmans opened in Raleigh, NC, 30,000 people showed up on opening day. 30,000 !!!

The chain has 100 stores across seven states and recently opened its first North Carolina store in Raleigh to record-breaking crowds. More than 30,000 people came on opening day, the Raleigh News and Observer reported.

Sorry to derail the cheese thread. I still think Wegmans might be a place to get cheap cheese. Time will tell. Maybe someone here will go and report back

Old 10-21-2019, 09:17 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
$3-4 in shop rite
not many shop rites in NYC, what? probably 4

Trader Joe’s got em beat

Old 10-21-2019, 09:22 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconyte View Post
You are so right about free not being cheap enough. I remember my Gran coming home with that in the 80s when I was a kid and it sitting in the fridege forever. We may have been poor but hot damn that cheese to this day I don't like processed cheese maybe it is the inner cheese snob in me lol. East Village cheese dam I miss that place they got displaced by the everpresent drugstore, they used to be my go to place for cheeses. to answer the OP as best as i can Westside market has some pretty good cheese sale prices esp the one on 110th and Broadway but quite a few posters on this site are correct when they say that cheap cheese is a general thing so it hard question to answer regarding prices and availabilty especially when it is unknown what kind of cheese you are looking for. Do you want imported or local, dry, hard, soft or semisoft, fragrant, sweet or savory so many variables that it makes the questions really difficult. Jacks' still sometimes has cheese for good prices. Trader joes has a pretty good selection of the basics at pretty good prices too and sometimes whole food.
I don’t like cheap cheese either.. I call it “that processed sh**.”

I don’t like aaaaall of Trader Joe’s cheeses, Cracker Barrel has the better cheddar, and Boars Head has the best American, IMO, but they pretty much have everything you need at a decent price. Traders provolone and Colby Jack are amazingly good

Old 10-24-2019, 08:04 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Key Food last day today, Thursday: Stella Provolone, $4.99/lb sliced.
Starts tomorrow: Urban Meadow (their brand) "Swiss" cheese, $5.99/lb. sliced...pretty tasty.

10 ounce Sabra Hummus 2/$4. (Nice snack food.)

Old 10-24-2019, 08:26 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,543,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I just read that when Wegmans opened in Raleigh, NC, 30,000 people showed up on opening day. 30,000 !!!

The chain has 100 stores across seven states and recently opened its first North Carolina store in Raleigh to record-breaking crowds. More than 30,000 people came on opening day, the Raleigh News and Observer reported.

Sorry to derail the cheese thread. I still think Wegmans might be a place to get cheap cheese. Time will tell. Maybe someone here will go and report back
Wegman's is not cheap. After the thrill/shock of your first or second visit wears off and you think you can actually do your shopping there, you quickly realize how expensive it is. Off to look for the Wegman's Brooklyn thread....

Old 10-24-2019, 02:21 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Wegman's is not cheap. After the thrill/shock of your first or second visit wears off and you think you can actually do your shopping there, you quickly realize how expensive it is. Off to look for the Wegman's Brooklyn thread....
They have some good deals.

Old 10-24-2019, 03:16 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Exactly!

If people think WF is "whole paycheck", wait until they shop at Wegman's.

We shop at Wegman's in NJ, but again it isn't for prices, but much like going to Whole Foods (before Amazon) for selection and other things that tick boxes.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:59 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Exactly!

If people think WF is "whole paycheck", wait until they shop at Wegman's.

We shop at Wegman's in NJ, but again it isn't for prices, but much like going to Whole Foods (before Amazon) for selection and other things that tick boxes.
That's ok, housing prices in zip code 11205 reflect the incoming commerce

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City