Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 06:28 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Oh boy... I need a linguist to teach me how to talk to a wall... I hit one wall after another..

Do you know the qualitative difference between what gates contributes to human civilization and what bezos does? I am not supporting that gates deserves the money he makes, but at least he is providing some tangible products that empower people to become more productive and open up a completely new sector of jobs all through intellectual inventions and fair competitions.

In contrast, bezos employs dirty Wall Street capital tools and unethical business strategies to unfairly compete with small business owners by selling at losses to bankrupt millions of businesses and keep pushing their boundaries into other sectors. Its invasive and malicious business operations do not create wealth nor jobs but simply steal business opportunities from honest and hardworking small business owners.
Due to the advancements in technology and transportation, the way that people communicate, travel, shop, etc have changed.

Small business don't have the customer loyalty of the past. A customer can just get on an Uber to a Costco or BJ to shop. A customer can just log online and create a re-ordering shopping list to be delivered to their home. Remember, the customer will go to whoever saves them the most $ and provides the best service.

Human customer service is not really required anymore. Look at the Kiosk in McDonalds. Look at Stamps.com. Writing a check is a thing of the past since you can pay all your bills online.

Everything keeps on changing.

A good amount of small business owners sell on Amazon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Mr gants, if you care enough to find out about the failing poors, go and survey the homeless population on nyc streets and you will be shocked by how many of them used to be small business owners who got crashed by bezos and his gang...

does this help you understand how the riches are depriving job/survival opportunities for millions of honest citizens who are willing to work hard but are unfairly out competed by the ponzi business schemes that bezos invented?

bezos is a pioneer in repurposing those poisonous capital tools he mastered from his wall street experience to "legally" rob the wealth of people on the main street...it takes some wisdom to see through what he has been doing and plans to do...of course, most of his fans lack that wisdom to understand how he builds his evil empire...
You seem obsessed with Jeff Bezos and Amazon. What did he do to you?

What about Wal-Mart, Sears, K-Mart, JC Penney, Target, Kmart, Costco, BJ, etc? Small business owners were affected by big dept chains and then E-commerce gave them a fighting chance. If used properly a small business owner can increase his/her brand awareness and reach with E-commerce and social media. They can sell direct to customers on Amazon, various other marketplace markets, their own site and capitalize on the market reach that Amazon and other marketplace markets have in the USA.

Amazon revolutionized e-commerce. People are content with buying things online and avoiding going to a store, dealing with traffic, poor customer service, no inventory, etc.

Not sure about the % of homeless population that were small business owners. Where are you getting that from? What % were small business owners?

Please stop dancing around and share your wisdom with us? "it takes some wisdom to see through what he has been doing and plans to do...of course, most of his fans lack that wisdom to understand how he builds his evil empire"

Old 10-23-2019, 07:31 AM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
You seem obsessed with Jeff Bezos and Amazon. What did he do to you?

What about Wal-Mart, Sears, K-Mart, JC Penney, Target, Kmart, Costco, BJ, etc? Small business owners were affected by big dept chains and then E-commerce gave them a fighting chance. If used properly a small business owner can increase his/her brand awareness and reach with E-commerce and social media. They can sell direct to customers on Amazon, various other marketplace markets, their own site and capitalize on the market reach that Amazon and other marketplace markets have in the USA.

Amazon revolutionized e-commerce. People are content with buying things online and avoiding going to a store, dealing with traffic, poor customer service, no inventory, etc.

Not sure about the % of homeless population that were small business owners. Where are you getting that from? What % were small business owners?

Please stop dancing around and share your wisdom with us? "it takes some wisdom to see through what he has been doing and plans to do...of course, most of his fans lack that wisdom to understand how he builds his evil empire"
Did my posts above not already answer your questions , Mr ryu?

Old 10-23-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Did my posts above not already answer your questions , Mr ryu?
Not really. It seems like you don't quite understand how business works.

You have to factor in NAFTA, China, 3rd world countries, etc.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:47 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
Quote:
Mr gants, if you care enough to find out about the failing poors, go and survey the homeless population on nyc streets and you will be shocked by how many of them used to be small business owners who got crashed by bezos and his gang...
You are completely out of your mind. I've actually volunteered for the city homeless census two years ago... I assure you none of them were small business owners that got outcompeted by Bezos... lol. Do you even believe what you are saying?

Old 10-23-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Trump's tax cut is what created the deficits. This was agreed to BEFORE they took control over Congress so the deficits were baked in. You do know that the Dems don't control the Senate and Trump does have veto power.
OK, so a constitutional amendment preventing Congress to run deficits in peace time is not such a bad idea after all, right? No matter who is in charge.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
What does suck money out of you mean ? I mean let's break down what we are all talking about
I don't know. Ask leoliu. I am not the one arguing that billionaires, by definition, are conspiring against me and are stealing money from me.
In fact, I would argue completely the opposite. Majority of billionaires got there by providing some kind of valuable good or service that people paid for voluntarily.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:48 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
If you are not concerned by the power and speed of how bezos/suckberg and alike suck in their undeserving share of wealth in an extreme short period of time, and what they are doing and plan to do to invade/colonize other sectors of the economy by leveraging their merciless and unethical tech+capital combo business models, you are not sensitive enough to understand the looming threat born by their wealth/greed-transformed power.
It doesn't bother me as much because they are private citizens and they are pushing the economy with their power and any inefficiencies with the market economy are being scrubbed away. Buffet and Zuckerberg is aware of income inequalities and they know that raking in billions is not good for the economy. But they can't just change the country without government action.

The deep state is more dangerous because they are here to ensure they stay in power and they have the power to kill a president that we the people elect or stop the people from taking back the country.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:09 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Opinion:
Halloween is fast approaching. I bet AOC is getting dressed up as Mr.Ed (sarcasm).........

Old 10-24-2019, 03:38 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
OK, so a constitutional amendment preventing Congress to run deficits in peace time is not such a bad idea after all, right? No matter who is in charge.

Right. In fact Clinton left a budget SURPLUS and the deficits were declining by the end of the Obama administration.

You don't need a constitutional amendment. You just need to tell the GOP no tax cuts unless they can find revenue offsets. Even Reagan and daddy Bush had ti reverse some tax cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City