Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 08:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Funny, how in all these violent crime stories, I can always "profile" the criminal before looking at the perp's photo.
If Obama had a son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 09:41 PM

150 posts, read 87,516 times
Default New rules are killing the city

The new no cash bail rule in January will be the NAIL in the coffin for NYC

Old 10-31-2019, 04:24 AM

16,029 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
It’s nyc. Your lucky if they get probation.
Opinion:
Since New York forbids the possession of a firearm for the public in general I can only see a rise in the sale
of leather tool side pouches. Fitted with either a hammer,chisel,box-cutter,holesaw, crowbar or a screwdriver a senior is going to be in a better position of self defense against the attacks of crazed youths. In addition he will not be charged for carrying a concealed weapon as they can only be treated as tools of the working trade.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:54 AM

106,643 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Since New York forbids the possession of a firearm for the public in general I can only see a rise in the sale
of leather tool side pouches. Fitted with either a hammer,chisel,box-cutter,holesaw, crowbar or a screwdriver a senior is going to be in a better position of self defense against the attacks of crazed youths. In addition he will not be charged for carrying a concealed weapon as they can only be treated as tools of the working trade.
as the saying goes , never bring a knife to a gun fight ... if the bad guys are armed you stand little chance of deploying a hand weapon that has to be deployed from something holding it ....

a small hammer-less s&w revolver never needs to be even taken out ... you can keep it in a jacket pocket or wallet holster and the bad guys never see it coming .

hand gun permits are easy to get in nyc as long as your record is clean . anyone who wants to go through the process will get it . but it is not for carry ... but many permit holders do carry and will deal with the ramification if they ever have to deploy it.

in fact long island still uses the old target hunting permit . that is a restricted carry permit in the eyes of the state ...you can carry and if caught it is only an administrative violation not a crime since it is a permit misuse... nyc uses a premises permit now for target / hunting so there are some criminal penalties attached for carrying .

but introducing any thing than be used as weapon can be highly situation dependent and while criminally you may be cleared , civil is another issue and it can cost you everything you own .

https://www.kravmagainstitutenyc.com...ense-new-york/

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-31-2019 at 06:33 AM..

Old 10-31-2019, 06:50 AM

16,029 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
as the saying goes , never bring a knife to a gun fight ... if the bad guys are armed you stand little chance of deploying a hand weapon that has to be deployed from something holding it ....

a small hammer-less s&w revolver never needs to be even taken out ... you can keep it in a jacket pocket or wallet holster and the bad guys never see it coming .

hand gun permits are easy to get in nyc as long as your record is clean . anyone who wants to go through the process will get it . but it is not for carry ... but many permit holders do carry and will deal with the ramification if they ever have to deploy it.

in fact long island still uses the old target hunting permit . that is a restricted carry permit in the eyes of the state ...you can carry and if caught it is only an administrative violation not a crime since it is a permit misuse... nyc uses a premises permit now for target / hunting so there are some criminal penalties attached for carrying .

but introducing any thing than be used as weapon can be highly situation dependent and while criminally you may be cleared , civil is another issue and it can cost you everything you own .

https://www.kravmagainstitutenyc.com...ense-new-york/
Opinion:
You bring up a good point and dealing with young thugs I would have no problem pulling out something simple as my pen or my car keys to defend myself and yes I will worry about the following civil suit later down the road. At least I'm alive to show up for court.

Old 10-31-2019, 06:59 AM

106,643 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
You bring up a good point and dealing with young thugs I would have no problem pulling out something simple as my pen or my car keys to defend myself and yes I will worry about the following civil suit later down the road. At least I'm alive to show up for court.
better to be judged by 12 then carried by six
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City