Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:16 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
I’m so glad you are NOT a New Yorker. why don’t you go worry about SF. Leave our city alone. And as a daughter of immigrants to this country who busted their ass to make it here in NYC without your so called “handouts” suck it! I don’t understand why it was relevant for you to say how you made it as an immigrant in this country like you’re the only one to ever accomplish such a thing.

It’s people like you and some others in this thread that make this world a miserable place.
Get off your high horse and realize that the landlord in that article was WRONG, affordable housing or not, he was wrong. Your way of thinking is most likely the exact reason you are no longer a landlord for whatever place you were renting.
Oh that poster elngrydby or whatever claims to have multiple apartments all over USA. One in Parkchester. She talks about Parkchester a lot.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:53 PM

515 posts, read 525,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Oh that poster elngrydby or whatever claims to have multiple apartments all over USA. One in Parkchester. She talks about Parkchester a lot.
Yes her and her empty condos because apparently she just cannot bare to rent it to a “low income” individual.
With everything she’s expressed on this thread I’m sure no one would be happy having her as a landlord anyways.

Thank goodness she said she did not procreate. The less people like her in the world the better.

But I am wondering who she will leave all her condos to in her will lol maybe her cats

Old 11-22-2019, 01:26 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Yes her and her empty condos because apparently she just cannot bare to rent it to a “low income” individual.
With everything she’s expressed on this thread I’m sure no one would be happy having her as a landlord anyways.

Thank goodness she said she did not procreate. The less people like her in the world the better.

But I am wondering who she will leave all her condos to in her will lol maybe her cats

It is not "she cannot bare", but "she cannot bear". Assuming that you meant "bear", yes, it is entirely correct that it makes more sense to me to hang out in that Bronx condo for about 60 days per year than rent it out, 365 days per year, to a riffraff that specifically aims to cause me problems.

I don't have any cats (or dogs or turtles), and the five millenial kids in my extended family are doing so well in Western Europe that they wouldn't have any interest in my will anyway. My little condos are for enjoyment of bi-coastal living, not for a will or similar morbid purposes. But as the will is now, they will most likely go to the daughter of my prematurely deceased best friend from childhood, though that fact does not matter much to either her or me, considering that she is doing well too. She is also charged with shipping me to the designated nursing home in Thailand if I have a stroke. After her (if for some reason she cannot get involved), the Thailand and inheritance deal descends progressively among the five millenial extended-family kids (ie, sons and daughters of my cousins) in order of seniority.

It was relevant to say how I made it as an immigrant exactly because a large proportion of immigrants in this country do make it my way, and I am very much NOT the only one to make it. It is relevant to point out that it is done routinely by millions of people like me - in the context of so many immigrants surviving in the US by their own honest efforts, a handout-taker who gives immigration a bad name has no excuse for taking handouts. There are millions of people like me - some posters on this forum just don't believe I am for real because these posters are too miserable to ever even find themselves meeting people who are outside of their circle of misery.

Btw, mold removal from the apartment , in which this woman is already living half-way for free, may cost 12 of her monthly rents (assuming the typical mold removal cost of $30 per sq ft, the apartment size of 400 sq ft, and presence of mold under the entire floor). The landlord who got himself into this tax abatement for 30% affordable units deal (which, as I explained, is generally NOT good for landlords) is likely already losing enough money on this miserable deal that he cannot afford several thousand more to remove the mold, so is not fixing the mold while consulting with his lawyer on how to get out of his troubles without bankruptcy. I cannot understand the mindset of a landlord that woukd take the amount of risk, with hardly any benefit, that 421a tax abatement for affordable units entails.

Lastly, you may notice that I ignore certain posters because their posts do not merit a reaction. I reacted to yours because you are commenting on my posts for the first time, otherwise you'd already be on my list of posters with whom there is nothing to talk about.

Last edited by elnrgby; 11-22-2019 at 02:49 AM..

Old 11-22-2019, 05:14 AM

515 posts, read 525,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
It is not "she cannot bare", but "she cannot bear". Assuming that you meant "bear", yes, it is entirely correct that it makes more sense to me to hang out in that Bronx condo for about 60 days per year than rent it out, 365 days per year, to a riffraff that specifically aims to cause me problems.

Lastly, you may notice that I ignore certain posters because their posts do not merit a reaction. I reacted to yours because you are commenting on my posts for the first time, otherwise you'd already be on my list of posters with whom there is nothing to talk about.
Ma’am I should have made this clear in my first post made directly to you, I apologize that I didn’t it. Read carefully now.

I don’t give two Fs about what you’re ranting about to me in that last post and I didn’t even bother to read it because I’ve been reading your posts for the past few days already showcasing what a real miserable human being you are.

At your age you should have already reflected on your life and realize that you’re most likely the problem. You never stopped to think that the reason why you never had children was not simply because you didn’t want any but maybe because no man or woman could ever tolerate your miserable ass. The reason why you were the only member of that jury that disagreed with everyone else most likely wasn’t because you are college educated it was probably because you’re miserable and apparently want to see the world burn for people you don’t consider on your level. Now go be alone in one of your three condos or whatever the hell you have.

And since you didn’t get it before, you and your disgusting views are DISMISSED move along now.

Your rant is not needed with me.

PS. Don’t come to NY we don’t want you here.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:29 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Ma’am I should have made this clear in my first post made directly to you, I apologize that I didn’t it. Read carefully now.

I don’t give two Fs about what you’re ranting about to me in that last post and I didn’t even bother to read it because I’ve been reading your posts for the past few days already showcasing what a real miserable human being you are.

At your age you should have already reflected on your life and realize that you’re most likely the problem. You never stopped to think that the reason why you never had children was not simply because you didn’t want any but maybe because no man or woman could ever tolerate your miserable ass. The reason why you were the only member of that jury that disagreed with everyone else most likely wasn’t because you are college educated it was probably because you’re miserable and apparently want to see the world burn for people you don’t consider on your level. Now go be alone in one of your three condos or whatever the hell you have.

And since you didn’t get it before, you and your disgusting views are DISMISSED move along now.

Your rant is not needed with me.

PS. Don’t come to NY we don’t want you here.

(my boyfriend of many many many years, who unfortunately died because we are getting into that age, had a name for phenomena like yourself, but I can't say it because I'd be banned from this forum. Thanks for the comic relief anyway. In the meantime, I'll come to NYC whenever I want, since I own a condo there, but will probably never move there because it doesn't attract me that much any more).

Last edited by elnrgby; 11-22-2019 at 05:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City