Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 10:25 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times

Advertisements

I hope that "if" he gets elected he comes back and say "sike! I didn't mean that about stop and frisk." And proceeds to implement it in NYC and all other bad neighborhoods. We were much safer during those years.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
deeken, May you soon be "stopped and frisked."

To keep NYC safe.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:57 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
deeken, May you soon be "stopped and frisked."

To keep NYC safe.
I have no problem with that. They want to stop and frisk me go right ahead. I have nothing to hide. The people that they do usually do.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:22 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,395,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
What kind of spineless individual are you? You're OK with being stopped, embarrassed, and searched on the street because you have "nothing to hide"? That's some real loser thinking.

You know what is wrong with certain people who constantly stew about being allegedly disrespected? They obsess about trifling and insignificant elements of "social status", while they completely ignore the important elements of it. For example, such people think that being stopped and frisked is spineless and embarassing, while being a high school dropout is totally normal and not a bit embarassing.

Most "white privileged" people would not even register if they were for any reason stopped and frisked, it would be a completely insignificant event if they are in fact not carrying anything illegal. It is like being searched more carefully at the airport because you packed something suspicious-looking in a carry-on bag (most recently a dry shampoo powder in my case... apparently looks like an explosive on the security viewer). Being searched is less than nothing to a normal person, it is a complete non-event.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:37 PM

227 posts, read 97,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
You know what is wrong with certain people who constantly stew about being allegedly disrespected? They obsess about trifling and insignificant elements of "social status", while they completely ignore the important elements of it. For example, such people think that being stopped and frisked is spineless and embarassing, while being a high school dropout is totally normal and not a bit embarassing.

Most "white privileged" people would not even register if they were for any reason stopped and frisked, it would be a completely insignificant event if they are in fact not carrying anything illegal. It is like being searched more carefully at the airport because you packed something suspicious-looking in a carry-on bag (most recently a dry shampoo powder in my case... apparently looks like an explosive on the security viewer). Being searched is less than nothing to a normal person, it is a complete non-event.
It is disrespectful to be stopped and searched for no reason.

And those that you speak of, this rarely happens to "them"

I highly suggest you look up the stop n frisk stats.

88% of the 4.4 million stops were of people doing absolutely nothing wrong. In 83% of cases, the person stopped was black or Hispanic. Young black and Latino men only count for 4.7% of NYC's population. That's hardcore profiling.

All that said, Bloomberg isn't fooling anyone.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:01 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
It is disrespectful to be stopped and searched for no reason.

And those that you speak of, this rarely happens to "them"

I highly suggest you look up the stop n frisk stats.

88% of the 4.4 million stops were of people doing absolutely nothing wrong. In 83% of cases, the person stopped was black or Hispanic. Young black and Latino men only count for 4.7% of NYC's population. That's hardcore profiling.

All that said, Bloomberg isn't fooling anyone.
If s&f caught 12% at risk of doing sth wrong, it is fairly significant and effective and necessary. I would say remove it when % goes below 1%. Sorry that it causes inconvenience to those s&fed, but for the sake of public safety, I wouldn’t mind cooperating with the enforcement.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:18 PM

227 posts, read 97,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
If s&f caught 12% at risk of doing sth wrong, it is fairly significant and effective and necessary. I would say remove it when % goes below 1%. Sorry that it causes inconvenience to those s&fed, but for the sake of public safety, I wouldn’t mind cooperating with the enforcement.
If 10 people are stopped and it results in 1 arrest, how is that significant and effective?

You just wasted the time of 9 people for nothing. People going to work, school, home to kids/family, etc.

.... For 1 arrest.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:26 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
me and my partner were stopped and frisked while walking down our block, it was humilliating to say the least and there were three of them that jumped out of a van.
Innocent me, I thought they had just wanted to ask for directions and before I knew it, we were up against cars.

we got out of it, as my partners brother is a correctional officer out in nassau county and he said something that changed thier tune changed, in a snap, "ok, gentlemen have a nice night."

thats when my mouth started and was like, "have a nice night? your kidding me?", and we walked away......which was better, I dont have an "off" button...

so, blue, really isnt my favorite color...

and I hate Bloomberg, he is running for a power thing. He bought a third term, little mike bought a third term, shame on him

Old 11-21-2019, 08:32 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
If 10 people are stopped and it results in 1 arrest, how is that significant and effective?

You just wasted the time of 9 people for nothing. People going to work, school, home to kids/family, etc.

.... For 1 arrest.
Think about it, thousands of nypds work around the clock each day and how many crimes did they stop? Very few. Most of them are reactive to crimes, which is often too late and sometimes costly. S&f is effective in preventing crimes to eliminate crime-related casualties and losses.
Crime is like cancer...once it happens, the damage is serious and cost can be high. Prevention is the key to reduce its impact.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:35 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
Stop and frisk is unnecessary
Just give people tough sentences for crimes that are violent or sexual in nature
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City