Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 04:13 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Bloomberg 3 tenures in New York City has destroyed affordable housing.
He is behind the push we all come to understand as gentrification. His
focus is on big development and the heck with the working class. He
was fantastic at keeping the crime levels down the Giuliani initiated but
was the grim reaper to single and multi family home owners as their property
taxes skyrocketed in his 12 years in office.This increase was passed onto
the renters. Don't be fooled. His apology for Stop and Frisk is just a cover
for marketing while destroying the middle class and lining his golden pockets
in the process.If you walk away from this post please remember one thing.
The only problem with the rich is it's never enough.
If you hard working folks want to be driven out of New York State
put a check next to his name on the ballot card.
Nuff said............

The only thing that scares me about him running is he has a lot of money to spin a bunch of lies and people don't do any research. I was very troubled when he was able to buy a third term. Did he not have the rules changed just so that he could run? Someone with that kind of wealth where he can buy changes like that is no good.

As for the crime, people fail to mention what was going on economically at the time of increased street crime. Crime increased at a time factories were shutting down and jobs were being sent overseas. There was high poverty in certain neighborhoods because of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 04:19 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
I'm in Philly this week and just saw the ad during the news.

An announcer claims Bloomberg brought NYC "back from the ashes" after 911, created jobs and low income housing. Served 3 terms as mayor and is against guns because of school shootings. Seems to be his introduction to the people outside NYC who probably never heard of him.

"Back from the ashes" seems extreme as if the whole city was destroyed. I don't recall many new jobs under Bloomberg. I know there was a hiring freeze for city jobs then. True, he rezoned and helped his builder friends build whatever they wanted. Including moving most of DOH to a new Tish bldg in LIC instead of keeping it in and around Worth St where it belongs.

There was also an ad from Steyer. Another very wealthy man running for president with no chance to win.

It's going to be a long year until the election next November.

To me it sounds like what guiliani did. He ran on 9/11 to boost support for himself and bloomberg is doing the same. They're both despicable.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:26 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
To me it sounds like what guiliani did. He ran on 9/11 to boost support for himself and bloomberg is doing the same. They're both despicable.
You are hilarious.

Tell me this.
Can a politician be an honest man? Can an honest man be elected ?

Because you sing a song you are paid to sing. You know that right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: