Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 01:25 PM

396 posts, read 1,008,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulent View Post
Is it OBJECTIVELY bad? No... compared to Ocean Hill-Brownsville, it is heaven on earth; these things are all relative. My best friend in elementary school lived on Minerva Place, but when PS 86, which once had the highest reading scores in the Bronx went bad (which it objectively did; it became a dangerous school), people generally moved north. AFAIK, Villa Ave is probably still a great place to park a car to hop the D train OR the 4 train, but I wouldn't want to put my children in PS 86 now.

Or do I have it wrong, somehow? Moved out to the 'guyland ages ago.
Shows just how out of touch you are. If anything, Villa Avenue is probably the highest crime street in Bedford Park. In fact, many of those buildings have been demolished or are in the process of being demolished. This just shows me that you probably haven't been in the neighborhood since the 70s or 80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 01:34 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I think the hills are one of the great things about upper Manhattan and the northwest BX. I can't think of many hills that bother me either. One of the worst is the hill up from the 1 train to City College. After a few times of that I learned to take the D train instead.
When I visited my ex-boyfriend, who lived near the reservoir, I had to climb steep stairs from the subway on Broadway.

Despite the hilliness, the west side of the BX is very pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City