Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 04:11 PM

106,525 posts, read 108,619,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Quebec has universally subsidized daycare. $8.50Can a day. Of course taxes are higher here, but it is a pretty good system as far addressing the affordability issues for low to middle class folk.
Canada’s population is about equal to California....we have 10x the population and a country with responsibility’s to the rest of the world .you can’t compare Canada defense spending to us .

In short apples to pickles as a comparison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 04:33 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,231,033 times
Quote:
Quebec has universally subsidized daycare. $8.50Can a day. Of course taxes are higher here, but it is a pretty good system as far addressing the affordability issues for low to middle class folk.
Canada also does not have millions of illegals who have 3 kids each and suck on government tit.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:36 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,117,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Canada’s population is about equal to California....we have 10x the population and a country with responsibility’s to the rest of the world .you can’t compare Canada defense spending to us .

In short apples to pickles as a comparison

You're missing the point. Just try our pickled apple recipe. Do you mean to say US states can't afford to implement this but can splurge on defense. First world problems indeed.

There are more American soldiers defending the capitol this weekend than there are in Iraq Afghanistan and Syria put together.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:04 PM

5,082 posts, read 4,948,496 times
Quote:
You're missing the point. Just try our pickled apple recipe. Do you mean to say US states can't afford to implement this but can splurge on defense. First world problems indeed.

There are more American soldiers defending the capitol this weekend than there are in Iraq Afghanistan and Syria put together.

You better think twice before talking again and inciting bad feelings that could lure the US soldiers marching your way......while the US gov is lousy at implementing effective policies to better Americans' lives, it is good at deploying armed forces both within and outside its territories without any hesitation.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:08 PM

5,082 posts, read 4,948,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I grew up in a nyc housing project ...my parents were pretty much on the low end of things..

My mom was my day care ..she was very sickly and couldn’t work .

she had a heart attack giving birth to my sister because she had undiagnosed strep which turned in to rheumatic fever and damaged her heart.

Giving birth resulted in a heart attack which damaged her heart even more so severely so she could not work nor really walk much ....

Later on in the 70’s they gave her a valve job on her heart , but she never made it out of the hospital and died at age 55.

What motivated me through life is I swore to myself I would never raise my own family in the projects

But thanks for asking.

Good story......which validates the point that "expensive" day cares are dispensable to a successful/productive adult life.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:38 AM

106,525 posts, read 108,619,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Good story......which validates the point that "expensive" day cares are dispensable to a successful/productive adult life.
To bad your original snide comment was so wrong..that was just the wrong thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Mr. Mathjack, you seemed to be doing very well in life until...well, covid...I am curious to hear which fancy daycare centers your parents sent you to that helped you get so ahead of your peers, even your next-gen fellow americans......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City