Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 05:43 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,038,747 times

Advertisements

I would take an Uber/Lyft or a shuttlebus. I am not waiting for a train especially on the weekend after midnight.

https://www.supershuttle.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 05:45 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,636,258 times
I’d just stay an airport hotel. You’ll probably be tired. Save yourself the hassle until you’re rested.

Old 12-04-2019, 05:48 AM

142 posts, read 223,730 times
I used to live directly behind there. There's a bunch of cabs right there on 8th avenue. Its fine, just dont wander too far from there, it gets sketchy near the taco bell.

Old 12-04-2019, 07:37 AM

6 posts, read 1,904 times
Thank you everyone for your help!

Right now the plan is to Uber/Lyft from the airport to the hotel upon arrival. We are meeting my mom and aunt at the hotel. They're flight is similar timed but coming in to LGA instead of EWR. I feel like the extra $$ is worth the peace of mind at that time of night.

As for the return back to the airport, I haven't decided between the train or an airport shuttle. They don't look terrible to me, but I see awful reviews of them. Any insight on that is appreciated as well!

We have been to the city before and as long as common sense is used, we never have felt unsafe. But, I definitely don't want to invite trouble if not necessary. An extra few bucks is worth the peace of mind to me.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:17 AM

268 posts, read 237,281 times
Lyft is telling me that it is $61 to go to EWR from Penn Station right now. You can check the train and bus schedules but I wouldn't bother with either for 2 people with luggage at that time of the morning. The trip will be so much faster and smoother in a car. Even if you get the bus or train worked out perfectly you still have to count on that joke of a monorail.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:31 AM

Definitely, if I can get a car that cheap I will! Most estimates I've seen are over $100. I will have to make sure and try it at the same time tomorrow morning just to check the price.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 8 days ago)

43,446 posts, read 44,156,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayona View Post
Even if you get the bus or train worked out perfectly you still have to count on that joke of a monorail.
Why would one need the monorail if one can catch an airport bus to Manhattan? Doesn't the airport bus stop at every terminal?!

Old 12-04-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Why would one need the monorail if one can catch an airport bus to Manhattan? Doesn't the airport bus stop at every terminal?!

There are many shuttle options. From what I gather, the timing can be very sketchy. I'm not sure timing wise I would be any better off. If you have any experience/suggestions I would definitely welcome it.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:33 PM

88,277 posts, read 84,257,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhhddd21 View Post
Definitely, if I can get a car that cheap I will! Most estimates I've seen are over $100. I will have to make sure and try it at the same time tomorrow morning just to check the price.
Note that the person said the $61 was only to Penn Station, NOT your hotel on Central Park.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:36 PM

88,277 posts, read 84,257,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayona View Post
Lyft is telling me that it is $61 to go to EWR from Penn Station right now. You can check the train and bus schedules but I wouldn't bother with either for 2 people with luggage at that time of the morning. The trip will be so much faster and smoother in a car. Even if you get the bus or train worked out perfectly you still have to count on that joke of a monorail.
Gah, yeah, last time I flew into EWR and was going to take NJT home, I sat there on the stalled monorail and watched as my train came and went into the EWR station. It was around 10 p.m., and the next train wasn't for another hour, so there I sat at the NJT EWR Station.

At least they've moved up the plan to replace the monorail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: