Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 06:22 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

Advertisements

The issue is complex since it involves parenting. Some parents just don't parent either because they don't know how to or they just don't want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 06:38 AM

1,466 posts, read 758,507 times
https://nypost.com/2019/12/13/new-de...-tessa-majors/

When your neighbor says a 13 year old is a normal kid smoking weed at 13 there are some issues going on.
“He’s just a normal person,” said Sears, a food-service worker. “Any time I come by, I’m like, ‘Yo, what’s going on, Shorty?’ ”

“He just hangs out, he smokes weed, just a normal person in my eyes

Old 12-14-2019, 06:40 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Where is this little rodents parents? This is why we need to make abortions legal, encouraged and easily accessible to all poor people, drug addicts, juveniles and unfit mothers. Eff all moral and religious BS!! There is no hope for these kids. They should have never been birthed. Thank you pro-lifers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I agree with you on why abortions should be made legal to unfit mothers. They really should only have children when they are actually able to take care of them. Wanna have a child? Turn your life around.
Where do you people live that abortions are not legal?

Old 12-14-2019, 06:48 AM

19,041 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/12/13/new-de...-tessa-majors/

When your neighbor says a 13 year old is a normal kid smoking weed at 13 there are some issues going on.
“He’s just a normal person,” said Sears, a food-service worker. “Any time I come by, I’m like, ‘Yo, what’s going on, Shorty?’ ”

“He just hangs out, he smokes weed, just a normal person in my eyes
The normalization of deviancy.

I’ve been talking about it for years.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-14-2019, 08:07 AM

5,813 posts, read 2,940,694 times
Demolish projects.
Having poor and uneducated people all in one building is a bad bad idea.
It becomes a generational retardation.

Old 12-14-2019, 08:53 AM

444 posts, read 387,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Dude I laughed so hard at this. Good joke lol. This kid will be arrested 30 times in the future and will be a life long criminal. He and his pals are a lost cause. They will never hold down a job.
I was waiting for someone to see this side. Every kid that is involved in Tessa's death ruined their life when they ended her's.

Old 12-14-2019, 08:54 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,388,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The normalization of deviancy.

I’ve been talking about it for years.

While I did not read this entire thread, I have of course heard what happened.

Long time ago, I used to know someone whose mother (a teacher in a NYC public high school) was violently attacked and sustained a serious injury in the school stairwell. She sued the city and won the amount that would be equivalent to about $8 million in today's money (some of that went to the lawyer, but they did move after the event from an outer borough to a large coop in upper Manhattan where their next-block neighbor was Mick Jagger).

Not that any money can bring back their daughter to this devastated family in Virginia, or erase the horror of her last moments, and not that any punishment for the baby scum could compensate for what he did, and of course not that baby scum's family has any remote ability to provide any kind of compensation.... but, as in the school attack that I mentioned above, this girl's family should go after the conditions that facilitated the awful death of their daughter: they should sue de Blasio and similsr applicable elements. If they need crowdsourcing for contributions to pay the legal costs, the whole country will gladly provide it (including me). People who propose (and manage to pass) the laws that lead to inadequate safety in the city shoukd be held accountable. If that happens, politicians will hopefully think twice before even proposing harmful laws designed to bring the votes from a massive population of crooks, leading to a further concentration of crooks in the city, who further increase the number of voters who will vote for lawlessness etc, creating a vicious circle (where vicious is truly the appropriate word in this case) that would turn the city again into a free-for-all open-air jailhouse.

The baby scum is just 13 and apparently lives with the aunt, as his mother died when he was small. The child must have shown some aggressive tendencies prior to this - I have seen this type of a boy a lot as I was growing up (in a country where everyone was white, including boys with aggressive tendencies) - they received counseling to the effect of pointing out to them that the society will retaliate if they act tbe way they do, and they should channel their aggression in some acceptable way. I have a very good memory of my childhood, and remember the event in the kindergarten, where an angelic looking blond boy who newly joined the kindergarten about a week earlier spotted the moment when both kindergarten teachers left the playroom for a moment, locked the door on the inside, and told us all that he was now a pirate captain, and who is with him or against him? In the few minutes of confusion that took the teachers to find a spare key and open the door, the little animal had managed to tie one of the girls to a chair with a jump-rope, and was threatening to kill her with scissors. The boy (6 years old) was hastily removed and institutionalized. I encountered him later as a teenager. At that point he was a very private, quiet, polite kid, and a competitive skier (not one of the famous ones, but competitive at lower levels). He ended up in a respectable profession, which does include mildly torturing other people, but entirely for their own good and for improvement of their health. So, in some cases it is possible to scare a kid out of that behavior - if not, the kid should be permanently removed from the normal human society

Last edited by elnrgby; 12-14-2019 at 09:15 AM..

Old 12-14-2019, 09:23 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
are you seriously that dense?
even animals can figure out who their predators are.
With that logic there wouldn't be anything for lions to hunt. Kinda makes you wonder why don't the antelope and buffalo just don't naturally up and leave the savanna if they keep getting hunted for food.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-14-2019, 09:25 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,388,978 times
Sorry, my phone has some problems with light so I don't quite see what I am typing, but I have corrected most of the typos, and expanded some comments, in my previous post above this one. Anyone interested in the final version can read what I ultimately wrote. I do hope that the family of the victim will consider a legal action against the city government. I am not in general a friend of people who claim that "society" made them do something, but since the criminals of the kind that killed this girl claim so readily in their own defense that the society is guilty for their criminality - heck, as a matter of fact, DO sue that "society" in this case!

Old 12-14-2019, 09:56 AM

444 posts, read 387,507 times
I get that one of the teens (at 13 you start thinking of yourself as a TEEN you aren't a kid in your mind.) Mother had passed away and he would be out in front of the building smoking weed. My first thought was 'Of course him and his friends will be robbing people. How many 13 year old do you know have a job? Weed cost money.'

Teens/kids under 16 should be in some school supervised program or a legal job or at home with an adult after a certain hour. At 7pm there is NO reason why his behind was out on the streets during a weekday. Did he go to school? And yes if cops were out maybe they could have stopped them when questioning why they weren't home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City