Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 03:50 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,976,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Don't pity everyone. If it's a white person on trial, that imagination will work extra hard to find a way to acquit. I for one hope that itshim is on my jury if I ever commit a heinous crime.
If you commit a "heinous" crime, I'm the last person you want on that jury . I'm very straight forward, cut and dry, by the book. I don't care how bad you had it growing up, or what you thought was "unfair"...if you purposely cause problems and are a threat to others, I' will bury you and put you under the jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 09:18 PM

15,800 posts, read 6,627,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
As I understand it she was in line, just sitting on the floor instead of standing, there was no mention of her obstructing traffic. I would imagine she moved forward as the line moved.

How was that hurting anyone? Is there a rule against sitting in line?

From the article:

The solution needed is to hire more case workers so people aren't standing in line for HOURS

or

supply enough chairs so no one has to STAND at all and use one of those tear off a number things to keep track of whose turn it is.
Opinion: You understood wrong......................

Old 12-20-2019, 09:23 PM

15,800 posts, read 6,627,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
If people are mad about so much taxpayer money going to lawsuits like this then they need to hold these bad cops accountable, becuase they sure won't ever hold themselves accountable as the money for lawsuits caused by their own bad behavior comes out of YOUR pocket and not theirs.
Opinion:
Holding cops accountable for restraining someone who wishes to act like a wild animal?
Anyone that bites deserves to be restrained. Feel so bad for that kid.......Nuff said.

Old 12-21-2019, 03:55 PM

555 posts, read 611,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That's a hell of an imagination you have there, you should write a novel.

I pity anyone on trial if you ever have to testify or sit on a jury.

or testify for the democrats in congress...

but seriously, i'm sure she was asked SEVERAL times to please not sit on the floor and not block the doorway. but these people are bought up to think authority is bad and they should do w/e they want.

Old 12-21-2019, 04:31 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,949,464 times
Where did it say she was sitting blocking a doorway or obstructing traffic?

I have not and am not defending her actions after she was told she couldn't sit, I am questioning why her sitting down warranted any response at all considering people were kept standing in line for 3 hours.

There would have been no incident at all if that government office wasn't treating people as if they were cattle.

Being forced to stand in line for 3 hours is unacceptable.

Hopefully, $625,000 later the city will figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: