Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 02:31 PM

10 posts, read 4,384 times

Advertisements

Hello. I plan to move to one of these cities, but no matter how much I think, I can’t decide which one will really be better? Of course, it depends on the person, but if you talk generalized? If a little about myself, I’m 25, I have been working as a programmer for 4 years in Russia, single.I love when there are many opportunities in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 03:13 PM

317 posts, read 311,531 times
You should stay in Russia.

Old 12-16-2019, 03:19 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,993 times
You can make more money in NYC. Brexit may or may not have more of an impact on London than Trump has on NYC, so looking towards the future, NYC is a safer bet.

Let me know how your search goes though, I've been trying to get my friend from the UK to NYC and sponsorship is a ***** haha.

Old 12-16-2019, 03:38 PM

874 posts, read 454,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cop234 View Post
Hello. I plan to move to one of these cities, but no matter how much I think, I can’t decide which one will really be better? Of course, it depends on the person, but if you talk generalized? If a little about myself, I’m 25, I have been working as a programmer for 4 years in Russia, single.I love when there are many opportunities in the city.

"I have been working as a programmer for 4 years in Russia."

....either place -- who has the best classified ads? Where's there a good job waiting for you -- is that on the top-of-the-list for you ?

"I’m 25."

...Here in America, if you said you were....over 55 - you don't need "no job." everyone older coming from Russia gets a check from the government. and...some younger women too - they get housing aid/housing vouchers + a food stamp card worth hundreds of dollars......the government gives more 'welfare' to people coming from other countries than the people BORN here who need assistance....[including retired VETS]. They get the red-tape or a drawn out 'approval' decision for aid....people from the ukraine, russia, poland - to the head of the line.

Sorry, Roman/Vlad/Sergei - it is what it is....

Old 12-16-2019, 03:48 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,655,549 times
Are you American working in Russia? Hard to answer when you don't say what "opportunities" you mean. Financial opportunities? Dating opportunities? Professional advancement opportunities?

If you're American, go to London. Or instead of asking in generalities, be more specific.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlex View Post
You should stay in Russia.
Why?

Old 12-16-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Are you American working in Russia? Hard to answer when you don't say what "opportunities" you mean. Financial opportunities? Dating opportunities? Professional advancement opportunities?

If you're American, go to London. Or instead of asking in generalities, be more specific.
No, I'm a Russian who is trying to figure out where it’s better to immigrate. I have plans to immigrate once and for all, so I would like to have many opportunities for work in this city, divorce, dating and creating a family. Life in Moscow, in Russia, is extremely dull, there are at least possibilities, laws are completely not respected.

Old 12-17-2019, 02:56 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,957 times
Quote:
No, I'm a Russian who is trying to figure out where it’s better to immigrate. I have plans to immigrate once and for all, so I would like to have many opportunities for work in this city, divorce, dating and creating a family. Life in Moscow, in Russia, is extremely dull, there are at least possibilities, laws are completely not respected.
You're better off in NY with or without documents. You can apply for housing and a driver's license without legal status. New York needs more people . On the other hand, with Johnson poised to implement Brexit, the atmosphere isn't too welcoming to foreigners especially Russians whose government was responsible for the Skripal poisoning. Also, keep in mind that the UK Home Office is serious about removing immigrants without proper documents.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:12 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,704,398 times
Quote:
NYC is technically ideal, the pay is going to be better in NYC. The hardest part is getting a work visa though.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:56 AM

So I have a question, can I try to move to both London and New York,for both I need to improve English And find an employer in the city (I'm a web developer). However, there is one subtlety: I do not have a higher education (For the profession, it is not necessary, since universities do not teach useful things in my country), this does not interfere with work, however, for moving to New York I need a bachelor’s diploma, I don’t need it for London, so now I have a question: spend 5 years (Distance learning) at a university for the sake of New York or try to move to London without wasting time diploma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: