Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2019, 08:25 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,382,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So then you should be happy and no need to diss Seventh.

The main thing is such unhappiness coming from some posters.

People who have positive things in their lives are not living in fear and always angry.

Okay, let's dissect this genius logic: when you and Seventh say some completely incoherent but vaguely offensive thing, that is considered discussion - but when I point out the lack of logic in the incoherent but vaguely offensive thing you just said, that is considered anger and unhappiness? How so?

I'm certainly not living in any fear where I live, and my posts are incomparably less angry than yours. I have so many positive things in my life that they sometimes lead to a negative situation where I have a hard time choosing between them. If you are referring to my dead boyfriend, every minute of my memories of him is worth more than your entire future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 08:31 AM

34,080 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
I"ll go away on my own time. I can do whatever I want about it.
Hopefully sooner rather than later. Hanging around would only be a disservice to yourself. Cheers.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-24-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...el-11575833362

So this is a factor in why the city is reducing mass incarceration, why they decriminalized weed, and why full marijuana legalisation will happen.

Despite the Ny Post complaining of the 25,777 spent per pupil by the city on an annual basis, it's nothing compared to the $336, 524 spent to incarcerate someone for the year. The MTA wishes they could get this money too.
Original post.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:47 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Proves my point. You scoured the internet looking for anything to support your claim but out of desperation for anything, you happened onto a article from 2017! LOL.
Its called research.... you should try it sometime. At least I actually do read, learn, and support my arguments... unlike some... You accuse another poster of not contributing, the same could be said about you as well.

2 years is still valid... its not that long ago. Things didn't magically change. Again.... all you can do is dismiss.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Its called research.... you should try it sometime. At least I actually do read, learn, and support my arguments... unlike some... You accuse another poster of not contributing, the same could be said about you as well.

2 years is still valid... its not that long ago. Things didn't magically change. Again.... all you can do is dismiss.
To be honest I don't even think that people who can't vote in NYC should even have an opinion on NYC politics.....who gives birth to these people??? I have some questions for them.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:04 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

Your "research" is based on outdated and unproven information that you googled. The changes in NYC criminal law has been drastic. I already gave you examples (public urinating, assaulting cops, no more bail, etc.) as just a few of the things that have changed.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:06 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
To be honest I don't even think that people who can't vote in NYC should even have an opinion on NYC politics.....who gives birth to these people??? I have some questions for them.
Wow. So now you think people shouldn't even have opinions? By the way, usayit isn't from NYC but yet you support his opinion. Hypocrite much?

Old 12-24-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Wow. So now you think people shouldn't even have opinions? By the way, usayit isn't from NYC but yet you support his opinion. Hypocrite much?
So really

What do you think should be done?

Albeit he's not from NYC but he's more dedicated to fixing it than you are so thats good enough for me

Old 12-24-2019, 09:07 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,967,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I can vote via absentee ballot for both federal and NY state/city until November 2020. Then my say in NYC politics expires as I will only be able to vote for federal.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:08 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
Quote:
Your "research" is based on outdated and unproven information that you googled. The changes in NYC criminal law has been drastic. I already gave you examples (public urinating, assaulting cops, no more bail, etc.) as just a few of the things that have changed.
2 years is not outdated. Certainly a lot more supportive content than you have provided.

The reducing incarceration for things like public urinating is exactly what I'm suggesting... so you are agreeing with me. I'm saying that someone should do the leg work and extend it to other non-violent crimes. Perhaps, levy fines instead to help offset the costs of those that do belong in prison.
So I have no idea what your problem is?

For many years, I also worked in the NYC. So while I didn't live there (can't afford it), I did pay city taxes. I also have extended family that live in NYC. If I had the money, I would buy property in NYC as a second home (still on my wish list). Anytime I want a mini-vacation, I am usually in NYC...

Either way... people spending lengthy times in prison waiting for a court date for misdemeanor offenses is kinda of embarrassing to a country that praises due process.... it should be fixed. All it does is cost tax payer dollars and creates more criminals.

Last edited by usayit; 12-24-2019 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City