Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 10:01 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Except you are not the owner and the owners are not the ones complaining about me or other posters posting "negativity" about NYC. In fact, if we are to take our case to the owners, I have a feeling they would want more posters like me offering different opinions that enriches the forum rather than just the usual "rah-rah NYC is great this or great that" dribble.
I doubt they will care.

Real conservatives and real men (I've known them) don't whine about safety. I lived in the South for years where most men hunted and had guns. I now live in a rural area of Spain and many of the guys I know are hunters or soldiers.

It's on you if you cannot figure out how to defend yourself or live in a place that is safe to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 10:05 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Or if it can't be fixed people should just accept it and move on with their lives. I've never known rents in NYC to go down. So why be upset and rant about how "liberals" are responsible for the city being expensive. Just admit to yourself you cannot afford the hottest neighborhoods, you never will, and move on with your life! Obviously I'm not talking to you Seventh, we know who I'm talking about.

Well, I also know who you are talking about - but you don't know what you are talking about :-). Repeating a false statement 10,000 times will not make the statement true. With $800,000 cash allocated to home(s) and a reliable $100k per year income without even working any more at all, the person you are talking about (while not knowing what you are talking about) obviously COULD afford the "hottest" neighborhoods in NYC, assuming buying a studio. But she has DECIDED to cross off that consideration because she fully realized over time (with some input from this forum, among other things) what it would mean to share the home city (NYC or any city) with 800,000 of people on welfare and the number of felons which is increasing due to policies that encourage movement of welfare-dependent people and felons into the city.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:05 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
I doubt they will care.

Real conservatives and real men (I've known them) don't whine about safety. I lived in the South for years where most men hunted and had guns. I now live in a rural area of Spain and many of the guys I know are hunters or soldiers.

It's on you if you cannot figure out how to defend yourself or live in a place that is safe to you.
Safety is the number one issue that affects the city. NYC cannot be successful if it wasn't safe. The darkest times in the city's history has often overlapped with its highest crime periods while its most prosperous times have often overlapped with its lowest crime eras. No coincidence.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Safety is the number one issue that affects the city. NYC cannot be successful if it wasn't safe. The darkest times in the city's history has overlapped with its highest crime periods while its most prosperous times have overlapped with its lowest crime eras.
Yet that was never a concern to America as a whole. I've lived much of my life with real right wing people. They are not totally dependent upon the cops. They have GUNS. They also know how to fight. There are reasons the ghetto crap only happens in the context of certain cities. Rural America most of the guys have been SOLDIERS.

So maybe you should learn to shoot a gun and how to defend yourself in general, and live in a community with real Americans and you'll be safe.

Shoot, a lot of rural women are tougher than you guys and can take care of themselves better.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Well, I also know who you are talking about - but you don't know what you are talking about :-). Repeating a false statement 10,000 times will not make the statement true. With $800,000 cash allocated to home(s) and a reliable $100k per year income without even working any more at all, the person you are talking about (while not knowing what you are talking about) obviously COULD afford the "hottest" neighborhoods in NYC, assuming buying a studio. But she has DECIDED to cross off that consideration because she fully realized over time (with some input from this forum, among other things) what it would mean to share the home city (NYC or any city) with 800,000 of people on welfare and the number of felons which is increasing due to policies that encourage movement of welfare-dependent people and felons into the city.
Despite our disagreements I wish you the best in Montreal. Maybe you can find a husband and get married too.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Despite our disagreements I wish you the best in Montreal. Maybe you can find a husband and get married too.

The husband remark is an example of what people do when they can't defend their position logically (it is called argumentum ad hominem, and is the most pathetic logical fallacy that exists). The fact that you are desperately looking for a husband doesn't mean everybody is . I think I made it clear that I already had the love of my life (now have his ashes), and am more than capable of taking care of myself, so no need for husband here. This land shall have but one mistress and no master (what Elizabeth I told her idiot ministers, or somebody else - I don't remember details -when they asked her to marry ).

Last edited by elnrgby; 12-24-2019 at 10:33 AM..

Old 12-24-2019, 10:49 AM

And I am going to repeat it: the topic of this thread illustrates what it means to share the state with 33% population on Medicaid (by definition, a welfare population), while also voting for laws that encourage increased movement of felons into the state/city. My solution to the problem is Montreal. You guys can release all the felons if you want, and pay $0 for incarceration, but they won't be crossing the border and bothering me. Or you can continue increasing the cost of incarceration because the ratio of administrative prison employees to prisoners needs to be 10:1, and every prisoner needs to be enabled to obtain a Master's from Columbia. I won't be paying 100% taxes for that, I won't be paying even the total of $360 real estate tax that I paid for Parkchester this year.

Old 12-24-2019, 11:01 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
And I am going to repeat it: the topic of this thread illustrates what it means to share the state with 33% population on Medicaid (by definition, a welfare population), while also voting for laws that encourage increased movement of felons into the state/city. My solution to the problem is Montreal. You guys can release all the felons if you want, and pay $0 for incarceration, but they won't be crossing the border and bothering me. Or you can continue increasing the cost of incarceration because the ratio of administrative prison employees to prisoners needs to be 10:1, and every prisoner needs to be enabled to obtain a Master's from Columbia. I won't be paying 100% taxes for that, I won't be paying even the total of $360 real estate tax that I paid for Parkchester this year.
Au revoir

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-24-2019, 11:05 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Safety is the number one issue that affects the city. NYC cannot be successful if it wasn't safe. The darkest times in the city's history has often overlapped with its highest crime periods while its most prosperous times have often overlapped with its lowest crime eras. No coincidence.
So then tell your boss on 1/1/2020 its no longer safe to work in NYC then. I don't get what you're fighting. Why stay in a place you no longer deem safe. Or either stay here and work on it. The choice is yours. I'm certainly not holding you back.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-24-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Au revoir

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello! (elnrgby :-). I haven't violated any forum rules. I am just voicing an opinion while flicking off your and NYDude's brainless personal insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City