Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 11:26 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times

Advertisements

https://worldisraelnews.com/jewish-c...w-york-subway/

Another day, another day Jews have to deal with the crazies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 11:35 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Oh boy... No one has a pair anymore in NYC... HELP, he's looking at me.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:05 PM

319 posts, read 145,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Oh boy... No one has a pair anymore in NYC... HELP, he's looking at me.
Are anti-Semitic slurs and threatening body gestures considered 'looks' now?

Would your reaction be the same if it was a white male terrorizing an African-American?

Odd and disgusting how the mainstream media doesn't seem all that upset about all these attacks on Jews by African-Americans.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:22 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
And what about those blacks attacking Asians?

Old 12-30-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post
Are anti-Semitic slurs and threatening body gestures considered 'looks' now?

Would your reaction be the same if it was a white male terrorizing an African-American?

Odd and disgusting how the mainstream media doesn't seem all that upset about all these attacks on Jews by African-Americans.
My reaction would be the same. Stand up for yourself instead of pulling out a damn cell phone to record. That's the "in" thing now. He's expecting someone else to "protect" him. Give me a break. If he showed even an ounce of courage, the guy likely would've backed off. Once someone puts a hand on you, you are within your rights to defend yourself, because quite frankly, no one else is going to.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
And what about those blacks attacking Asians?
Yeah, that seems to be pretty common across the nation.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
My reaction would be the same. Stand up for yourself instead of pulling out a damn cell phone to record. That's the "in" thing now. He's expecting someone else to "protect" him. Give me a break. If he showed even an ounce of courage, the guy likely would've backed off. Once someone puts a hand on you, you are within your rights to defend yourself, because quite frankly, no one else is going to.
After what just happened in Monsey I'd bet he was more than a little concerned about being stuck with a sharp object. That's probably why he kept his distance.

Not everybody is a badass like you.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:35 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
I've been taunted on the subway before. At the time I was with my 13 year old nephew. We simply just moved to the next car. No need for filming and screaming and running in circles. When crazy people on the subway taunt you, you move away as quickly as possible. That's it.

This is overkill. And I also wouldn't call it an antisemitic incident, unless I'm allowed to call the crazy black woman taunting me (a white woman) a hate crime.

The woman who taunted me was crazy, out of control. We moved away. That's all that's required.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post
After what just happened in Monsey I'd bet he was more than a little concerned about being stuck with a sharp object. That's probably why he kept his distance.

Not everybody is a badass like you.
The guy wasn't touched, so as others said in the video STOP recording and he'd be fine. I don't care what your background is, if you don't stand up for yourself if someone puts their hands on you then YES they will keep targeting you. I have seen grown men followed and harassed and pushed by other guys that tested the boundaries and kept at it because why not? If someone pushes you, are you going to stand there or are you going to defend yourself or at least say something? The guy just tried to act like nothing was happening and walked away with the guy following him. I just looked at him and said how about you grow a pair? This was on a subway platform too in Manhattan.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I've been taunted on the subway before. At the time I was with my 13 year old nephew. We simply just moved to the next car. No need for filming and screaming and running in circles. When crazy people on the subway taunt you, you move away as quickly as possible. That's it.

This is overkill. And I also wouldn't call it an antisemitic incident, unless I'm allowed to call the crazy black woman taunting me (a white woman) a hate crime.

The woman who taunted me was crazy, out of control. We moved away. That's all that's required.
Sounds like he was moving away and the guy followed him.

The black male was referencing the victim being Jewish, so yeah, it's an anti-Semitic incident.

If the black female was taunting you for being white, it's a racial incident/hate crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: