Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 04:55 AM

23,891 posts, read 32,188,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
This entire thread can be closed if the OP could only wrap his head around the fact that correlation does not mean causation. There are places in the world with very low gun ownership with low crime rates too.
NYer here who has lived in three boroughs, and is in exile - for it;s size, NY is not a very violent place.

I am more afraid of rural areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 05:46 AM

18,876 posts, read 13,760,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
well you can't always tell good from bad ...

we were in an Italian restaurant by kennedy airport ... i could pin these guys carrying from across the room .

i doubt they were law abiding citizens but with out confronting them one would not know for sure . so as a cop i would have to decide here what to do . what if i did check and they were not a bad guy .... then what do ya do with the unlicensed carry .
The days of searching people for suspicious bulges only are long over, so I wouldn’t find myself encountering an illegal gun unless other criminality was afoot.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-02-2020, 06:11 AM

6,345 posts, read 4,080,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not only that, neighborhoods should form self-defense leagues. Law-abiding citizens of NYC let themselves be disarmed, and be totally dependent upon the police for protection. Instead of wishing to be saved by daddy Giuliani, organize and get some HEAT. That's how you lower crime. Then save the police for real violent criminals in certain neighborhoods and take them back.

Take some basic fighting lessons too.
What Police, the great liberal mayor has berated and demoralized the police department to the point where they don’t even need to be armed since they would be in jeopardy of losing their job if acting in a normal fashion.
Meanwhile, prison occupants are being released to close down prisons to save money and correction officers are losing their jobs. Do you see a pattern here❓❓It’s only going to get worse.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:18 AM

15,580 posts, read 10,297,918 times
Instead of arming yourselves, the citizens could elect a republican mayor instead of a progressive mayor. those of us who lived in the city in the 80s and early 90s found that changing the leadership from Dinkins to rudy cleaned up the city, literally.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:20 AM

507 posts, read 687,531 times
.. if that happens im opening up a funeral home/parlor...cause business gonna be booming.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:23 AM

507 posts, read 687,531 times
..if that was the case..im opening up a funeral parlor..cause business going to be booming.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:56 AM

2,031 posts, read 1,082,459 times
Quote:
so if you caught a citizen carrying poorly and you could make them out while on duty because there were tell tail signs , what would you do ?

many times i can pin someone carrying because they are sloppy at it .

would you uphold the law or turn a blind eye ? or prefer not to answer ?

You mean you go looking at guys' crotches to determine whether they carry, or have a hard on...

I don't want that hobby. Lol

Old 01-02-2020, 07:00 AM

105,916 posts, read 107,860,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
You mean you go looking at guys' crotches to determine whether they carry, or have a hard on...

I don't want that hobby. Lol
actually using what is called thunderwear that is a great place to carry ...you can't see a thing . it is a great way to carry ..
https://www.thunderwear.com/

many who carry , carry poorly . you see it imprinting through shirts , pockets or they wear the wrong clothes and the clothes expose it in a waistband or small of back ....

Old 01-02-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
NYer here who has lived in three boroughs, and is in exile - for it;s size, NY is not a very violent place.

I am more afraid of rural areas.
Yes, but isn't that a sorry excuse for safety? Wouldn't you feel better if you knew all New Yorkers had a gun on their person? Lol

Old 01-02-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
actually using what is called thunderwear that is a great place to carry ...you can't see a thing . it is a great way to carry ..
https://www.thunderwear.com/

many who carry , carry poorly . you see it imprinting through shirts , pockets or they wear the wrong clothes and the clothes expose it in a waistband or small of back ....

Wondering... what do you think of the proposal about trained teachers carrying in school settings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City