Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 10:31 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,497,336 times

Advertisements

Well, thank god for term limits. Can't stand DeBlasio even as a candidate the guy is horrible speaker.

His ideology completely divided the city. Look at the direction the city headed towards, you can't have a leader that is unpopular with the police. And many of the policies enacted by the city council also further divides the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 01:33 PM

15,746 posts, read 14,347,755 times
Who are the usual suspects? Corey Johnson, Jumaane Williams, Scott Stringer, maybe Mark Vivarito. All the usual useless bunch of hack Democratic machine politicians.

Old 01-02-2020, 02:47 PM

8,175 posts, read 4,260,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Who are the usual suspects? Corey Johnson, Jumaane Williams, Scott Stringer, maybe Mark Vivarito. All the usual useless bunch of hack Democratic machine politicians.

Well, since the OP asked who is the favorite candidate, I answered that question. The only one who, to my eye, stands a bit out of the general freak show is Diaz Jr, the present Bronx borough president (and son of the forner senator/present councilman Diaz Sr). I understand Diaz Jr's sister (Sr's other child) is a NYPD sargeant, and both Diazes have had normal relations with police (Diaz Jr did get involved in protests when an African immigrant Amadou Diallo was killed in Soundview by mistake by NYPD - but that event was truly tragic (because A.Diallo was a poor decent immigrant without criminal history whatsoever), and it merited some sort of reaction. But I don't think that either Diaz Jr or Sr voiced any kind of criticsm of police when some other people were accidentally killed by police while resisting arrest for minor crimes. And again, Diazes have a close family member in NYPD). In addition to general cooperativeness with NYPD, Diaz Jr shows every sign of being pro-business and pro-development. I wouldn't go as far as saying that he would be a great mayor, but he would be less bad than the other realistic candidates. I hope enough people will consider him (he will certainly have a total support of Puerto Rican and probably Dominican middle class and small business).

Old 01-02-2020, 02:55 PM

11,190 posts, read 9,001,884 times
I am surprised AOC hasn't put her name on the ballot or is she eyeing the White House 2028...

Old 01-02-2020, 03:15 PM

15,746 posts, read 14,347,755 times
He might be in the game. Now way in hell is he the favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Well, since the OP asked who is the favorite candidate, I answered that question. The only one who, to my eye, stands a bit out of the general freak show is Diaz Jr, the present Bronx borough president (and son of the forner senator/present councilman Diaz Sr). I understand Diaz Jr's sister (Sr's other child) is a NYPD sargeant, and both Diazes have had normal relations with police (Diaz Jr did get involved in protests when an African immigrant Amadou Diallo was killed in Soundview by mistake by NYPD - but that event was truly tragic (because A.Diallo was a poor decent immigrant without criminal history whatsoever), and it merited some sort of reaction. But I don't think that either Diaz Jr or Sr voiced any kind of criticsm of police when some other people were accidentally killed by police while resisting arrest for minor crimes. And again, Diazes have a close family member in NYPD). In addition to general cooperativeness with NYPD, Diaz Jr shows every sign of being pro-business and pro-development. I wouldn't go as far as saying that he would be a great mayor, but he would be less bad than the other realistic candidates. I hope enough people will consider him (he will certainly have a total support of Puerto Rican and probably Dominican middle class and small business).

Old 01-02-2020, 03:33 PM

3,672 posts, read 3,398,696 times
Diaz is a conservative Democrat like his dad. I don't like him on many issues but there are far worse "progressive" folks that might win and that's even scarier

Old 01-02-2020, 04:14 PM

8,175 posts, read 4,260,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
He might be in the game. Now way in hell is he the favorite.

No, he is not the most likely one to win, not by far (at least as it looks like right now). But out of what is in the running (and has any chance at all), I think he would be the least disastrous one - I meant "the favorite" in that sense, not the favorite as in the most likely to win. If I were a NYC voter, I would vote for him not because I greatly agree with his views (I still mostly don't), but to prevent the other worse ones from taking the office

Old 01-02-2020, 05:18 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,592,090 times
I'll vote, but my guy won't win. They never do. Whoever is the machine dem will win. Not even worth debating about it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: