Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 12:28 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

https://gothamist.com/news/angry-que...chool-district

Possibly the worst move DeBlasio is pushing for and probably will cause the next mayor to become an anti-progressive along with other leftist moves that were recently implemented.

Because many folks spend an enormous sum buying home in a good school district only to be met with DeBlasio spending taxpayer money to bus kids from less affluent areas into these affluent school districts. All because of diversity.

He failed to understand the principle of modern day segregation. If he can't desegregate well to do towns by sticking homeless people at various parts of the city. How would sticking poor kids in rich areas fare?

Three years ago, I remember how the Progressives at my workplace touted what a good mayor he was giving free lunch to kids and pre-K. I warned them about further progressive policies that will bite them.

There's no such thing as free lunch...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 01:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Me, my wife and my ex have our eyes closely peeled to this topic. Should it effect us, we will either put the kids in private schools or I will retire and move to NJ until they graduate high school. We didn’t purchase our homes where we did so that trash can be brought to our schools. Anyone who can afford a home by us is welcome to put their kids in our schools.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-05-2020, 01:23 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Me, my wife and my ex have our eyes closely peeled to this topic. Should it effect us, we will either put the kids in private schools or I will retire and move to NJ until they graduate high school. We didn’t purchase our homes where we did so that trash can be brought to our schools. Anyone who can afford a home by us is welcome to put their kids in our schools.
Do what you gotta do. I left the country and I am loving it here.

Old 01-05-2020, 07:11 PM

30 posts, read 13,547 times
Let's say there are two job candidates

One is bright and ambitious and went to private schools, worked hard and has good ethics, eats well, and has no criminal background. The other candidate is mediocre and is an under-achiever in everything, dropped out to deal drugs or to work at a Club, with questionable residency documents, and with a delinquent vibe, neck and face tattoos and some criminal history..

Which one will get hired? 99 times out of 100. In NYC..

Old 01-05-2020, 07:27 PM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times
The only reason I stayed in NYC as long as I have (30+ years) is that I never had kids. I'd never sacrifice a kid to the NYC school system, or pay through the nose for NYC private schools.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:32 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Whites make up a minority of NYC population, and where they are dominate it reflects in local grade school demographics. That is a fact and there isn't any way to "desegregate" public schools say on South Shore of SI, or UES of Manhattan unless you start busing white kids out, and minority students in; good luck with that, there will be a run at Home Depot on pitch forks.

Old 01-06-2020, 06:50 AM

2,315 posts, read 1,151,643 times
The NYC public school system is 15.1% white and 16.2% asian, so there aren't enough white and asian kids to shuffle around, especially in the Bronx. I'm starting to think that the real goal is to get white and asian families to leave the city.

By borough:
BORO || % Asian || % White || Asian + White
Bronx || 4.9% || 4.3% || 9.2%
Brooklyn || 16.5% || 18.0% || 34.5%
Manhattan || 11.9% || 16.9% || 28.8%
Queens || 28.3% || 12.7% || 41.0%
Staten Island || 10.8% || 44.2% || 55.0%

https://infohub.nyced.org/reports-an...-to-heading-25

Old 01-06-2020, 07:00 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
If they try to bus my kids out of our area, we will continue to bring them to the schools they had been attending and immediately lawyer up. There is no way in hell my kids will be brought into a crap neighborhood for school, and I am prepared to use violence if necessary to ensure that never happens.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-06-2020, 07:10 AM

30 posts, read 13,547 times
School today resembles Hitlers way of indoctrinating people into the nazi regime. The schools are eerily training "people of color" to hate whites. It is no coicidence they made college free for people including the illegals. Hilter made it free too because school were his primary tool for brainwashing the masses.

Think you are smart? Think again (if you even can).

Hitler also controlled all of the employment so that anybody that did not attend nazi school systems were not gaining employment.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:29 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,503 times
I don't quite understand how bussing students to schools out of their district and further from their homes will help an underperforming district? Is it that higher tax revenue will follow a student who originates from a wealthier area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City