Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 03:51 PM

53 posts, read 114,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Thanks for re-confirming what I also heard "Chief" lol
They are still operating off of 4509. Last hired was #1073 out of 1446 on list. 373 still left for the 60 guys they are looking for and list 4509 was extended until 12/3/20. No info on new list of yet.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:23 PM

254 posts, read 391,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron1234 View Post
Don’t they need to evaluate the San workers before they’re promoted? Who has complaints and C category, etc.? Would they be able to do that in just 2 days?
Danggg. This guy knows his stuff. You're right tho, no folders have been asked of yet from XYZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickbait08 View Post
They are still operating off of 4509. Last hired was #1073 out of 1446 on list. 373 still left for the 60 guys they are looking for and list 4509 was extended until 12/3/20. No info on new list of yet.
Lol. pls.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:44 PM

3,729 posts, read 3,460,040 times
Quote:
LOL
Old list is dead and gone buddy. Months ago.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:26 PM

12 posts, read 25,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nietvam View Post
Danggg. This guy knows his stuff. You're right tho, no folders have been asked of yet from XYZ.

Lol. pls.
So we’re looking at another month at least if they haven’t evaluated the candidates for promotion yet.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
LOL
Old list is dead and gone buddy. Months ago.
Is that confirmed? I called the automated DCAS number with someone on that list and it says last number hired is 1073 and last number certified something in the 13-1400’s idr. The expiration date being extended to 12/3/20 I got from an email directly from DCAS when I asked about when the new list was being generated. I passed on 0530 so I’m hoping your right but just going based on the info I got and wanted to share - how is it that 4509 is over and done when ppl on the list (at least the 1 guy I know) still hasn’t been reached out to about a class ??

Old 05-16-2020, 07:38 PM

3,729 posts, read 3,460,040 times
Quote:
Is that confirmed? I called the automated DCAS number with someone on that list and it says last number hired is 1073 and last number certified something in the 13-1400’s idr. The expiration date being extended to 12/3/20 I got from an email directly from DCAS when I asked about when the new list was being generated. I passed on 0530 so I’m hoping your right but just going based on the info I got and wanted to share - how is it that 4509 is over and done when ppl on the list (at least the 1 guy I know) still hasn’t been reached out to about a class ??
I can't claim "confirmed" because nothing on this job is ever confirmed until it actually happens, but I remember a couple months ago that 444 business agents spread the word around several garages that 4509 was "done" and the next class would be from 0530.

Also recently the same business Agents went around telling everyone what I am repeating here
  • New Class Early June (Most likely June 1)
  • Class size of 60 (Or two classes of 30 each now due to CV)
  • Will be from 0530 List
  • List to be established and published by end of May

Will all of the above happen? Let's see. But I have pretty good sources.

And yes they can and have ended lists with people still on it. Think about many, if not most, of the guys still on 4509 are at top pay making good money. Many of them would pass it over anyway, and the ones that would take it, would almost definitely throw in the badge within the first few months due to the rate of pay vs. work/stress/responsibility dynamic.

DOS would probably rather go with 0530 that has a lot more guys on their first few years of the job and are starving for that pay increase and more likely to keep the badge.

Let's see...

Old 05-16-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I can't claim "confirmed" because nothing on this job is ever confirmed until it actually happens, but I remember a couple months ago that 444 business agents spread the word around several garages that 4509 was "done" and the next class would be from 0530.

Also recently the same business Agents went around telling everyone what I am repeating here
  • Will be from 0530 List

And yes they can and have ended lists with people still on it. Think about many, if not most, of the guys still on 4509 are at top pay making good money. Many of them would pass it over anyway, and the ones that would take it, would almost definitely throw in the badge within the first few months due to the rate of pay vs. work/stress/responsibility dynamic.

DOS would probably rather go with 0530 that has a lot more guys on their first few years of the job and are starving for that pay increase and more likely to keep the badge.

Let's see...
Definitely agree with that last point - definitely what I was thinking as well. DCAS telling me that the list was extended to 12/3/20 and then calling and seeing 370+ guys still on the list was discouraging - but to your point, the guy I know on the list is def a senior guy / top pay etc who either wouldn’t take it or would def throw it back.

Let’s see is right *fingers crossed*

Old 05-17-2020, 09:02 AM

12 posts, read 25,451 times
Guys I hate to be negative or pessimistic as I want them to promote off this list as much as any of us. Let’s be realistic: there is a hiring freeze, budget cuts a list that hasn’t been established and candidates that haven’t been evaluated yet. To be realistic the likelihood of a class going in in 2 weeks seems very low. I understand and I’m sure there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and we are without a doubt short supervisors with a hiring freeze and budget cuts I just don’t see dsny having a promotional class in Floyd Bennett on July 1 when fiscal year 2021 begins. With that being said I surely do hope I am 100% wrong.

Old 05-17-2020, 10:04 AM

38 posts, read 70,709 times
The city can do whatever they want with these exams. It can say that an exam expires on a certain date, but if another one comes out they’ll absolutely do away with the other one. I’ve heard from day one, from my supv who helped write the test, that they’re doing everything in their power to do away with this old exam.

There is a freeze as of now, but all of my supv at my garage are saying that they absolutely need to put a class in. One guy goes sick or emergency, and it’s pandemonium. For us San men it might get back to normal sooner rather than later, but for them it’s no end in sight.

That being said, it’s New York City. Who the hell knows with this damn city.

Old 05-17-2020, 04:50 PM

264 posts, read 503,884 times
Quote:

• Will be from 0530 List

Let's see...
Heard the same thing about there being a day and night class of 30 just yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City