Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 10:36 AM

8,330 posts, read 4,370,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I don’t think anyone said it’s the best decision at 13 to have a baby. Was the baby from consensual sex? When really young girls get pregnant, there’s a greater chance of that.

And there is no one who gives lessons that having children at 13 is the way to achieve material success.

Yes, these women will probably become a cashier in the supermarket. Most of those women already had kids, and some quite young.

Speaking from vast experience here: I have seen my share of pregnant girls that age (on Medicaid, naturally), beaming from happiness about the pregnancy, accompanied by their 28 year old mother, 43 year old grandmother, and the 58 year old great-grandmother (soon to be a great-great-grandmother, who has much more offspring than teeth)... all of them happily on welfare (rather than being cashiers or anything else), all of them happy about having fulfilled the social expectations normal in their social circle. In my experience (of having encountered very many pregnant girls aged 14, and not extremely rarely 13), I have never seen a case of rape. I am sure it does happen, but pregnancy in very young women in the US typically and overwhelmingly frequently results from consensual sex. Furthermore, there is every evidence (from the behavior of the teenage mother and her ancestors) that the pregnancy was totally intentional. At the time of labor and delivery, it is not rare to see more than 30 relatives milling about the hospital, all of them welfare types, all of them tremendously excited about the new addition to the welfare family. And no, this is not a matter of race (these families in some parts of the country tend to be all white), but purely the matter of idiocy, and the welfare state that perpetuates this idiocy, which idiocy is at the root of almost every single social problem in the US (or anywhere - except that other developed countries do not actively encourage it).

Old 01-30-2020, 12:30 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Speaking from vast experience here: I have seen my share of pregnant girls that age (on Medicaid, naturally), beaming from happiness about the pregnancy, accompanied by their 28 year old mother, 43 year old grandmother, and the 58 year old great-grandmother (soon to be a great-great-grandmother, who has much more offspring than teeth)... all of them happily on welfare (rather than being cashiers or anything else), all of them happy about having fulfilled the social expectations normal in their social circle. In my experience (of having encountered very many pregnant girls aged 14, and not extremely rarely 13), I have never seen a case of rape. I am sure it does happen, but pregnancy in very young women in the US typically and overwhelmingly frequently results from consensual sex. Furthermore, there is every evidence (from the behavior of the teenage mother and her ancestors) that the pregnancy was totally intentional. At the time of labor and delivery, it is not rare to see more than 30 relatives milling about the hospital, all of them welfare types, all of them tremendously excited about the new addition to the welfare family. And no, this is not a matter of race (these families in some parts of the country tend to be all white), but purely the matter of idiocy, and the welfare state that perpetuates this idiocy, which idiocy is at the root of almost every single social problem in the US (or anywhere - except that other developed countries do not actively encourage it).
Cashiers make so little money they are on welfare in NYC.

Or they have some sort of subsidized apartment.

Have you ever even interacted from someone in NYC?

https://www.thoughtco.com/teen-pregnancy-facts-3533778

According to this, less than one percent of pregnancies are from teens under age 15. And they are likely to be with a partner at least six years older.

That is statutory rape, if not literal rape

It maybe a member of the girls family. It maybe the mother’s boyfriend or other adult. Many early teen pregnancies miscarry.

It’s not just in American problem.

Many of the early teen pregnancies in Central America are because girls got raped by fathers, uncles, grandfathers, or other relatives.

https://www.reuters.com/article/el-s...-idINKCN0XT1TI

Old 01-30-2020, 12:33 PM

There’s also teenage pregnancy by sibling incest.

Young girls are often ashamed to report family members.

https://sg.theasianparent.com/proble...nage-pregnancy

Old 01-30-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Cashiers make so little money they are on welfare in NYC.

Or they have some sort of subsidized apartment.

Have you ever even interacted from someone in NYC?

https://www.thoughtco.com/teen-pregnancy-facts-3533778

According to this, less than one percent of pregnancies are from teens under age 15. And they are likely to be with a partner at least six years older.

That is statutory rape, if not literal rape

It maybe a member of the girls family. It maybe the mother’s boyfriend or other adult. Many early teen pregnancies miscarry.

It’s not just in American problem.

Many of the early teen pregnancies in Central America are because girls got raped by fathers, uncles, grandfathers, or other relatives.

https://www.reuters.com/article/el-s...-idINKCN0XT1TI

Pregnancy is not a rare phenomenon, so one out of each 250 pregnancies occuring in teens who are 14 or younger IS a shockingly large number, particularly because these pregnancies are concentrated in certain social groups (in which local incidence of very young pregnant teenagers would have to be closer to one out of 75 pregnancies, if 1 out of 250 is the average for the entire US). The fact that one out of 40 pregnancies occurs in teenagers aged 15 to 19 accounts for enormous absolute number of pregnancies (and again, since they are mostly concentrated in certain social groups, the incidence of older pregnant teenagers in those groups is more like one out of 10-15 of all pregnancies).

We don't need to discuss teenage pregnancy in Central America (since when is El Salvador an example of a normal, average developed country, presumably in the same category as the US?). It is well known that the majority if US teens (and a considerable number of even pre-teens) do engage in some form of very voluntary and eager sexual contact - with their peers, not with adults. Considering that fact, it is rather disingenuous of you to try to attribute any particularly remarkable number of teenage pregnancies in the US to molestation by pedophile rapists. While adult pedophile rapists certainly do exist, teenage pregnancies caused by them are sufficiently rare and shocking that they make news when they are discovered.

The chief reason for high incidence of teenage pregnancy among certain cultural groups in the US (where both girls and boys involved are generally close in age) is normal acceptance, and actually expectation, of teenage pregnancy in these cultures. It is equally disingenuous to blame some imaginary rapists for these pregnancies as it is disingenuous to blame some imaginary racists for every problem that a non-white person might cause to himself/herself by his/her own behavior. Teenage pregnancy in ghetto culture is caused by rapists about as much as ticketing of turnstile jumpers is caused by racists - ie, to a negligibly small extent. Both negative consequences of respective negative behaviors are caused by irresponsible personal decisions, stemming from tolerance for (and even encouragement of) irresponsible, dependent behaviors by ghetto culture.

Last edited by elnrgby; 01-30-2020 at 05:23 PM..

Old 01-30-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Pregnancy is not a rare phenomenon, so one out of each 250 pregnancies occuring in teens who are 14 or younger IS a shockingly large number, particularly because these pregnancies are concentrated in certain social groups (in which local incidence of very young pregnant teenagers would have to be closer to one out of 75 pregnancies, if 1 out of 250 is the average for the entire US). The fact that one out of 40 pregnancies occurs in teenagers aged 15 to 19 accounts for enormous absolute number of pregnancies (and again, since they are mostly concentrated in certain social groups, the incidence of older pregnant teenagers in those groups is more like one out of 10-15 of all pregnancies).

We don't need to discuss teenage pregnancy in Central America (since when is El Salvador an example of a normal, average developed country, presumably in the same category as the US?). It is well known that the majority if US teens (and a considerable number of even pre-teens) do engage in some form of very voluntary and eager sexual contact - with their peers, not with adults. Considering that fact, it is rather disingenuous of you to try to attribute any particularly remarkable number of teenage pregnancies in the US to molestation by pedophile rapists. While adult pedophile rapists certainly do exist, teenage pregnancies caused by them are sufficiently rare and shocking that they make news when they are discovered.

The chief reason for high incidence of teenage pregnancy among certain cultural groups in the US (where both girls and boys involved are generally close in age) is normal acceptance, and actually expectation, of teenage pregnancy in these cultures. It is equally disingenuous to blame some imaginary rapists for these pregnancies as it is disingenuous to blame some imaginary racists for every problem that a non-white person might cause to himself/herself by his/her own behavior. Teenage pregnancy in ghetto culture is caused by rapists about as much as ticketing of turnstile jumpers is caused by racists - ie, to a negligibly small extent. Both behaviors are caused by irresponsible personal decisions, stemming from tolerance for (and even encouragement of) irresponsible, dependent behaviors in ghetto culture.
It’s well known that you do have sexual abuse in the states. Teachers have gotten pregnant by make students and make teachers have gotten pregnant by female students. This is statutory rape.

Of course people in ghettos get raped. Why don’t you hang out there late at night to see what happens to YOU?

Oh, are you too afraid to? You sound anti female and mannish, so you might be safe. Nothing feminine in you. Are you even a woman really?
I think you’re a man with uterus envy.

You don’t know anything about the US and have no capacity to learn. Stick to talking about about Serbia.

Old 01-30-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
It’s well known that you do have sexual abuse in the states. Teachers have gotten pregnant by make students and make teachers have gotten pregnant by female students. This is statutory rape.

Of course people in ghettos get raped. Why don’t you hang out there late at night to see what happens to YOU?

Oh, are you too afraid to? You sound anti female and mannish, so you might be safe. Nothing feminine in you. Are you even a woman really?
I think you’re a man with uterus envy.

You don’t know anything about the US and have no capacity to learn. Stick to talking about about Serbia.

Of course it is well known that there is sexual abuse and rape in the US, but it is also well known that they are not the leading causes (or even major causes) of teenage pregnancy in the US.

As usual, you have no arguments other than attempts at weird personal insults (which are so idiotic that they actually sound humorous. Yes, I still have a uterus, but I do not find that particularly important one way or the other :-). Also, I have lived 37 out of my 60 years in the US, and am quite familiar with all parts of it, while I never lived in Serbia :-). I am not anti-female, only anti-stupid, but you somehow don't see a difference between the two (maybe because YOU equate female with stupid and dependent).

Last edited by elnrgby; 01-30-2020 at 05:52 PM..

Old 01-30-2020, 06:21 PM

19,025 posts, read 13,932,533 times
Way off topic

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: