Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 12:59 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiep83 View Post
you have "ULTRA" internet which is 400mps, overkill unless you have a specific need for that much speed.
Same here. i pay around 80.00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2020, 01:11 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Same here. i pay around 80.00
Somebody is watching too many tidday flicks.

Old 01-20-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Somebody is watching too many tidday flicks.
10K quality. I got vertigo once from too much tidday shaking...

I am an old AOL-TWC cable subscriber. I remember i called to downgrade my service and they had to transfer my account to Spectrum. They gave me a nice rate for Ultra although i didn't really want it. I might downgrade once i move. I don't really use the internet at that high level to need that speed.

Old 01-20-2020, 01:39 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Ryu View Post
10k quality. i got vertigo once from too much tidday shaking...

I am an old aol-twc cable subscriber. I remember i called to downgrade my service and they had to transfer my account to spectrum. They gave me a nice rate for ultra although i didn't really want it. I might downgrade once i move. I don't really use the internet at that high level to need that speed.
lol

Old 01-20-2020, 01:41 PM

105 posts, read 90,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Now that I remember I have been repeatedly told I would save approximately $0 with an internet only plan.

I attached the statement (personal info omitted) let me know if it's not visible.

I don't watch cable at all anymore only YouTube Hulu Netflix and Crunchyroll/VRV etc. All on demand stuff
You should take some time to actually read your bill. Everything is itemized and it shows you are only getting a $10 discount on your internet. If the only thing you did was cancel your tv, your bill would be $109 plus taxes and fees. As others have mentioned, you can also down grade your speeds to save even more.

Old 01-20-2020, 01:45 PM

I just have a Roku w Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The days of cable or satellite is winding down.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:03 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosun View Post
You should take some time to actually read your bill. Everything is itemized and it shows you are only getting a $10 discount on your internet. If the only thing you did was cancel your tv, your bill would be $109 plus taxes and fees. As others have mentioned, you can also down grade your speeds to save even more.
I will ask again, but I was repeatedly told cancelling TV will not substantially reduce my bill.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:35 PM

270 posts, read 145,225 times
I am hadthe same issue with a local cable/internet/phone provider recentlt. No matter how many times I try to work out a deal for a lower bill, they told me it can't be done. When I called to cancel, I didn't get an offer to renew, nor did they try to keep me as a customer (I guess they were testing me). Several days later, the same company called and asked if I wanted to renew at the new customer rate. After I let them have it, I told them to flip off.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:17 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosenza View Post
I am hadthe same issue with a local cable/internet/phone provider recentlt. No matter how many times I try to work out a deal for a lower bill, they told me it can't be done. When I called to cancel, I didn't get an offer to renew, nor did they try to keep me as a customer (I guess they were testing me). Several days later, the same company called and asked if I wanted to renew at the new customer rate. After I let them have it, I told them to flip off.
Did the same with SiriusXM. I wanted a better rate, they didnt budge so I cancelled. They offered me a few lower rates but I held my ground and cancelled.

Two days later I got a call congratulating me that I am NOW getting a special deal of only $80 for the year. I told him NOW you guys want to give me a good deal???? Nope.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:19 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I will ask again, but I was repeatedly told cancelling TV will not substantially reduce my bill.
That's what someone who gets paid to squeeze the most money out of you as possible WOULD say.

This is why I told you to log into your account and manage it yourself. Remove your cable TV package and see what the price will be. Don't believe anything the clowns on the phone tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City