Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 04:58 PM

6,219 posts, read 3,530,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Whoa whoa relax there tiger. The crime happened on LI, not NYC. NYPD will not be taking lead in the investigation.

A lot of people work in NYC, and live in the burbs. If you patronize their business, and something happens at home, is not an NYC issue. Also a lot of taxes get siphoned from rest of NYC to support NYC welfare. Is every specific crime here in the projects a topic for NY State?

LOL you pay his salary, and pension. Do you feel special? This is personal matter for one cop. If is a class action type of misconduct by a bunch of police sure make a thread about it.
Anthony Bourdain died in France but still got a thread here.

I don't see what the issue is, as long as there's some to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 05:08 PM

225 posts, read 157,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
What's messed up is seeing the smiling pictures of this jerk and his girlfriend. They are out having a good time knowing they make kids sleep on garage floors with no blankets. Pretty psycho.
The stepmother's Facebook is FULL of their lovey-dovey photos. These two treated these boys HORRIBLY. On the bio mother's Twitter, there is a copy of a letter from the children's school authorities that outlines their many concerns. It's just incomprehensible to me how any parent(s) could treat their own children this way... especially those with special needs! My heart aches for what those poor boys endured. Thank God they've been saved! Now these two lovebirds are behind bars where they belong. Good riddance!

Old 01-27-2020, 05:24 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,071,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjuice View Post
The stepmother's Facebook is FULL of their lovey-dovey photos. These two treated these boys HORRIBLY. On the bio mother's Twitter, there is a copy of a letter from the children's school authorities that outlines their many concerns. It's just incomprehensible to me how any parent(s) could treat their own children this way... especially those with special needs! My heart aches for what those poor boys endured. Thank God they've been saved! Now these two lovebirds are behind bars where they belong. Good riddance!

I'm not a big fan of capital punishment.

Im just hoping Valva and Pollina are left to fraternize with the general population when in prison. That's a more amenable punishment, if more inhumane...

Old 01-27-2020, 05:33 PM

588 posts, read 943,625 times
sickos

Old 01-27-2020, 05:49 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
But I thought cops were good people...
This is a lie peddled by the "left". His son was lost and froze to death in the snow.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:51 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Are you saying this ONE scumbag cop represents all NYPD officers?

That's a pretty ignorant thing to believe. That would be like me thinking ONE criminal represents his/her whole neighborhood or race.
No he doesn't but any time anyone criticizes what some cops do screams emanate about being "anti cop". Some cops kill their own kids and others kill other people's kids. Admit to that and tear down that blue wall.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:21 PM

1,354 posts, read 704,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
No he doesn't but any time anyone criticizes what some cops do screams emanate about being "anti cop". Some cops kill their own kids and others kill other people's kids. Admit to that and tear down that blue wall.
Someone who criticizes a cop going to a 911 call with someone with a gun or someone breaking into a house is completely different than a “cop” off duty killing his own child. No one will defend this “cop”.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:13 PM

18,827 posts, read 13,710,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't believe any cop knew the guy was a child abuser and "helped" him.

It's a little more subtle than that. I realize subtlety isn't your strong point, or even a part of your entire existence, but try a little bit. Purely speculative scenario of course but:

Woman calls cops on her cop husband for abusing the kids.

Cops show up, it's Suffolk so most likely white, 45% they are Italian American, and 85% chance a man. (feel free to check my stats but I bet they aren't that far off).

Husband says to the side "hey, I'm ON THE JOB" and "hey, I know so-and-so in your precinct, we're drinking buddies, etc".

Complaint comes from 1) a woman 2) a foreign woman 3) a corrections officer (way down on the cop pecking order).

No outward signs of abuse. How far is said Suffolk Cop going to dig into this? Probably a lot less far then he would if the scenario didn't involve another cop, that's for sure. Please don't try to deny things like this happens I've seen drunk off duty cops be allowed to leave in their vehicles after vandalizing peoples cars in a parking lot. I know of a fatal accident involving an off duty cop where no alcohol test was administered. The off duty cop got messed up pretty bad, so they figured he suffered enough.

So, do I think it's highly likely this kind of behavior was ENABLED (not endorsed) by the actions of other cops, looking the other way at all manner of indiscretions? Yes I do.

Note: Duh Libur-als is dopey right winger speak from the Rush Limbaugh fan base. I'm sure you don't know any of them.
I stopped reading when your hypothetical jumped into ethnicities. We might as well operate in different solar systems. Not worth wasting time with each other.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-27-2020, 07:16 PM

18,827 posts, read 13,710,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
It’s being admitted to right here, by every single person who hears this story regardless of profession. You make up boogeymen stories of cops defending each other over crimes. All made up. The myth will never die though because a lot of people profit off of cop-hate.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-27-2020, 07:16 PM

13,506 posts, read 16,949,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Someone who criticizes a cop going to a 911 call with someone with a gun or someone breaking into a house is completely different than a “cop” off duty killing his own child. No one will defend this “cop”.
You keep missing the point. No one will defend the guy after he kills his kid.

It's the ENABLING. How on earth did this guy every get custody? How did this go on for so long? Until someone can come up with some other explanation as to how this continued, the best (and probably accurate guess) is that it happened because he's a cop a) his fellow cops in Suffolk didn't want to get involved with his ex wifes allegations and go against one of their own even if NYPD 2) his neighbors were afraid of him because they knew he was a cop.

Chance of the SCPD ever actually admitting anything like this happened and they have any culpability: NEVER. James Burke became the Commissioner of the SCPD and he smoked crack and had sex with hookers on duty. That department is rotten to the core. Only way you get any truth is with an outside investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City