Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2020, 11:12 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
https://materials.bwprronline.org/ze...te-pledge-form

I just filled this out to get a free bag. Can't have too many of those.
That form looks like something the Germans would make you fill out in 1939 before the third Reich started pulling people from their homes

Pledge allegiance, or else....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 11:21 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That form looks like something the Germans would make you fill out in 1939 before the third Reich started pulling people from their homes

Pledge allegiance, or else....
lol. I know what you're saying. A part of me was like is this some kind of trick and then the SNL skit with Tom Hanks on Black Jeopardy popped into my head, "mmmm...I don't know...this is how they get you"...

I filled it out anyway. I want my free bag!

Old 02-12-2020, 11:23 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It's annoying that they're banning free bags but seriously if you have the foresight/planning to buy a thousand plastic bags to bring to the store surely you can buy one reusable bag and take it with you everywhere
I'm buying those not to take with me to the store but to line my garbage bins with (and for some it's for their kitty litter). They're cheaper than Hefty bags which I thought I would have to buy for my garbage now that I won't be getting the plastic bags for free at the store.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:24 AM

61 posts, read 39,120 times
Welp, next time i go to NJ or PA i will be swiping tons of plastic bags from Target, Walmart, etc..

Old 02-12-2020, 11:37 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
I'm buying those not to take with me to the store but to line my garbage bins with (and for some it's for their kitty litter). They're cheaper than Hefty bags which I thought I would have to buy for my garbage now that I won't be getting the plastic bags for free at the store.
Makes sense, we do that too at home. People who have dogs need them for the puppy bidness

Old 02-12-2020, 01:08 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Quote:
I reuse every grocery store plastic bag I get for lining my kitchen trash can. I’ve got a lot saved up but they will go quickly when they are banned. For kitty litter I use the plastic bags the Daily News uses for delivery. I think most people reuse plastic bags for something but thanks to an entirely Democrat controlled state government this ban is being forced on us and we will be charged for paper bags if you don’t want to lug your own bags around.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:40 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Buy actual garbage bags? Supermarket bags were never proper receptacles for getting rid of trash. Neither are brown paper bags. I love the fact that all the cheap bastards will now finally have to go out and buy actual garbage bags like they should have been using all along.
lol what difference does it make? I buy lavender ones for the bathroom for pretty's sake, but a plastic one from the store would do the job.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:56 PM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
I've been doing this for a while now. I'll see how long my supply lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorangeblue View Post
Welp, next time i go to NJ or PA i will be swiping tons of plastic bags from Target, Walmart, etc..

Old 02-13-2020, 10:51 AM

323 posts, read 198,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I buy biodegradable bags for my kitty litter.

What AMAZES me in NJ, is that in some stores (Shop Rite...) if I bring my own bag, they refuse to bag the groceries. I find that unbelievable.
Former cashier here. When people brought in their reusable bags I wanted to puke. Most of these bags were stained up with god knows what and stunk to high heaven. When I looked inside one customer's bag as I was packing their items, there were dead bugs in it. Another customer was the neighborhood cat lady and there were hairballs inside her reusable bag.

I used to gag when I had to touch people's reusable bags and after they left I felt like I caught the cooties. Good on Shop Rite for doing this. I don't think a cashier should have to touch a stranger's nasty ***** stained up, smelly bag. Not everyone cleans them and they could have blood that ran off into the bag from when they bought meat in the past.That is very unsanitary and could spread diseases and germs. You can be anti-plastic, throw away bag all you want, but at least they were clean and much more sanitary.

When they passed the law in Suffolk County, I refused to charge people. Out of thousands of customers, I gave each and every one of them free plastic bags. I could of gotten fired, but I didn't care. I also didn't care if Commie Cuomo didn't get his tax money and blood sucking shekels.

Last edited by dk1111; 02-13-2020 at 11:18 AM..

Old 02-13-2020, 01:16 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
You had me at dead bugs barf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City