Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 03:28 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,507,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
You're like a one man parade on here lately. Go look it up. It was justified as a GOOD thing by your leftist buddies on TV, because Clinton's are ALWAYS on the "right side of history."
Sorry to break up the maga circle jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 03:33 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
What did I make up? Do you ever back up your claims?

He doesn't qualify for a pension because of the law I posted , which clearly, you didn't understand. Maybe you thought it was fake news, I dunno
You made up the allegation that I said your link was fake news. I never said that 10 year old NY Times article was fake or inaccurate. I think I said that Kerik served his time, maybe 8 times now.

The funny thing is that I actually assumed you were correct about him qualifying for the pension because the law came after. Now you are walking that back and you wonder why no one should trust your “info.”

Old 02-19-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You made up the allegation that I said your link was fake news. I never said that 10 year old NY Times article was fake or inaccurate. I think I said that Kerik served his time, maybe 8 times now.

The funny thing is that I actually assumed you were correct about him qualifying for the pension because the law came after. Now you are walking that back and you wonder why no one should trust your “info.”
You did seem to call the article fake news. If I misunderstood that, my mistake

My "him" referred to Skelos. That's my mistake.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:05 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,020,926 times
For those of you who think (due to the biased media) that Trump only pardons whites, he has also pardoned Angela Stanton-King. Question - why doesn't mainstream media give this the attention it deserves?

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/al.../19/id/954848/

Old 02-20-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
For those of you who think (due to the biased media) that Trump only pardons whites, he has also pardoned Angela Stanton-King. Question - why doesn't mainstream media give this the attention it deserves?

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/al.../19/id/954848/
Newsmax lol no bias there !

So he pardons a crooked televangelist ?

Old 02-20-2020, 08:44 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,020,926 times
Quote:

For people to be pardoned, they have to have been criminals. You are being very unreasonable.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:01 AM

5,461 posts, read 5,702,039 times
Quote:

Every single person that any president have ever pardoned was found guilty of a crime. I don't think anyone is disputing that fact. That is the whole point of a pardon. You cannot pardon people who were found not to have committed a crime.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:01 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,828,406 times
Quote:
Well earned:

"The case against Mr. Kerik centered on charges that a New Jersey construction company, the Interstate Industrial Corporation, which was suspected of ties to organized crime, had paid for renovations at his home in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Prosecutors said company officials had hoped Mr. Kerik would help them obtain a city license.

In June 2006, Mr. Kerik pleaded guilty in State Supreme Court in the Bronx to two misdemeanors tied to the renovation of his apartment. He paid $221,000 in fines and penalties but avoided any jail time.

In the more recent federal case, Mr. Kerik pleaded guilty to two counts of tax fraud, one count of making a false statement on a loan application and five counts of making false statements to the federal government while being vetted for senior posts. Judge Robinson ordered him to pay restitution of $187,931 to the Internal Revenue Service.

Prosecutors had called for Judge Robinson to make an example out of Mr. Kerik, and to punish him for his “egotism and hubris.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/19/n...n/19kerik.html
Opinion:
The Old saying? " You can convict a ham sandwich".
If you are a well known figure in this country watch out.
Even if you short change the waiter at a local diner. You are done.
If politics wants you that bad you are going to get it. Get it?
Donald Trump knows the trap has been set for him in N.Y. once
he leaves office. He is no fool. New York politicos love chopping
down folks off their high horses for the sake of 5 minutes of fame.
They should look in the mirror. For shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City