Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 11:39 AM

1,382 posts, read 701,753 times

Advertisements

Trumps fault

Old 03-03-2020, 01:55 PM

15,947 posts, read 6,729,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Trumps fault
Opinion: Drink Orange juice. It's good for you............

Old 03-03-2020, 07:59 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,811,605 times
I need to bikini/lingerie pics before I can pass judgement.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,926,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
When you get upset that there are no Rainbow flags or LGBT groups marching during the NYC Muslim day parade then we can talk.

Perhaps when Staten Island selects a Muslim Miss Staten Island and then pillories her, we can talk.

Old 03-04-2020, 12:57 PM

18,927 posts, read 13,809,612 times
Planning to answer my post about how parade revelers showed their disdain for these decisions, or is blaming this on Staten Island backwoods people your agenda no matter what?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-04-2020, 01:23 PM

15,524 posts, read 15,521,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Miss Staten Island says she's bisexual, is banned from the island's St. Patrick's Day parade.

The homophobic bigots still bloom in the backwoods.
It might be a blessing that Buttigieg dropped out of the race lest we see more of these hate groups spewing their vugarity.

Anyone want to tell me AGAIN how liberal New York City is?
Okay, but on the other hand, why couldn't she just shut the hell up? A 1960s beauty queen would never have dreamed of saying "I'm secretly sleeping with my boyfriend" or "I've had an abortion." It's private and irrelevant.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:17 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,091,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Okay, but on the other hand, why couldn't she just shut the hell up? A 1960s beauty queen would never have dreamed of saying "I'm secretly sleeping with my boyfriend" or "I've had an abortion." It's private and irrelevant.

Yes, well the "beauty queen" concept is morphing into something else maybe. In the Ancient sixties, (in reference to Airborne's apt comment on another thread about this) said beauty queens were cultivated like flowers to be pretty and shut up.

So, she brings a little controversy which seems irrelevant on the face of it, and probably is, but it opens up debate, and you can pick your winner: the dead wood (the old guard) or the bad weeds (LBGTXYZ).

Old 03-05-2020, 01:35 AM

565 posts, read 358,208 times
Quote:
Miss Staten Island says she's bisexual, is banned from the island's St. Patrick's Day parade.

It might be a blessing that Buttigieg dropped out of the race lest we see more of these hate groups spewing their vugarity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...cid=spartandhp
Stop ya whining and put on ya big boy pants. No one's civil rights are being infringed upon. Just because you don't respect Catholics or their religion doesn't mean you get to dictate to the VAST majority of common folk your values and lifestyle. No matter how hard you try to culturally shove it down our throats, human beings ALL have a natural instinctive nature and know what's normal and what's not.

Old 03-05-2020, 03:19 AM

15,947 posts, read 6,729,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Stop ya whining and put on ya big boy pants. No one's civil rights are being infringed upon. Just because you don't respect Catholics or their religion doesn't mean you get to dictate to the VAST majority of common folk your values and lifestyle. No matter how hard you try to culturally shove it down our throats, human beings ALL have a natural instinctive nature and know what's normal and what's not.
Opinion: Short and to the point. Well done.

Old 03-05-2020, 06:09 AM

3,720 posts, read 1,420,840 times
Quote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...cid=spartandhp
Whoa she goes both ways? I wish she was my girlfriend. Should the beauty Queen march in the parade? Yeah of course, but she must sport green and not rainbow, and still keep her LGBT identity. Why? On St Patrick's Day everyone is green regardless of race, orientation, gender, and so forth. PRoblem is that academia in the Anglo Saxon west is pushing the importance of identity down everyones throats. Example should we have black people marching with red black and green flags on St Pats?

With that said. We live in a cultural and societal crisis right now. Not only in NYC, and America, but in the rest of the five mainly white anglo saxon nations. All five nations U.S.A, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are all going through this issue. Much of these issues based on LGBT, black, indegeinious and women stem from liberal academic instutitions which push this rhetoric and fills into media, employment, government and so forth. Academia is trying to be the moral saviors of the Anglo Saxon world, while the clergy and the government failed on morality. Anything that has to deal with black, indigenious, LGBT and women will be shoved down the throats of straight people, males, and whites.

I persoanlly believe that the Anglo Saxon world and with NYC being its epicenter of culture, finance and sociallife. The Anglo Saxon world needs a major disaster to bring people together. Maybe with the Coronavirus can bring people back together again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: