Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2020, 03:15 PM

30 posts, read 28,393 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm Irish, moved with my family to NJ a few months back.

We plan on heading into the city to see the parade on the 17th - but having a 3 year old with us means it's also good to have somewhere locked in for a bite to eat and a 'break' from the streets at some stage.

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on some good areas to stand and in addition a good spot to reserve a table for a spot of lunch and a few beers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 03:52 PM

5,113 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Hope NYC won’t be on a lockdown by then due to the eminent corona outbreak. I have booked multiple trips in the next two moths and am really debating very hard about whether to lock myself in or stick my neck out there to contract that malicious corona virus...

Old 03-02-2020, 05:12 PM

874 posts, read 453,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper_man View Post
Hi guys, I'm Irish, moved with my family to NJ a few
months back. We plan on heading into the city to see the parade on the 17th - but having
a 3 year old with us means it's also good to have somewhere locked in for a bite to eat
and a 'break' from the streets at some stage. Just wondering if anybody has any advice
on some good areas to stand and in addition a good spot to reserve a table for a spot of
lunch and a few beers?

Have a good time !

(just be aware of your surroundings)....

Old 03-02-2020, 05:32 PM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,307 times
The further north you go, the less the crowds will be. There are actually bleachers along the route along Central Park. Might be a good spot to try with kids. Most pubs will be an ugly place to try to eat with your family.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:41 PM

30 posts, read 28,393 times
Great contributions folks! hehehe

Ok I hear you, it can be crazy, hence why I'm more than happy to head off the beaten track if needs be.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:57 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper_man View Post
Great contributions folks! hehehe

Ok I hear you, it can be crazy, hence why I'm more than happy to head off the beaten track if needs be.
You can usually ignore first responses out of gate, they usually are people who say something just to say something.

As to your original query, where in town were you looking to eat? Mid-town east or west? UES? UWS?
What kind of food?

You *may* not need reservations unless spot interested in is packed normally for lunchtime or dinner crowd.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:20 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Hope NYC won’t be on a lockdown by then due to the eminent corona outbreak. I have booked multiple trips in the next two moths and am really debating very hard about whether to lock myself in or stick my neck out there to contract that malicious corona virus...
Opinion:

I say hogwash to all the Corona mania.
If people are that worried and still want to get out on St.Patrick's Day
Poke a hole in your mask and sip your beer through a straw. Hahaha.................

Old 03-03-2020, 03:47 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
https://www.delish.com/food-news/a31...rish-mudslide/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City