Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 07:05 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times

Advertisements

I don't currently have a dog, but in my family the goal was to never have the dog pee inside, but to take him out. The hard part was training him to wait until he was out. Had to walk him incessantly, like every hour, until he got the idea.

So you should be glad that yours is so well-mannered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 07:50 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Inconvenient, maybe. Embarrassing? Hardly. People do it all the time.
Embarrassing because if I have to get up in the middle of the night in my PJ's and get in an elevator, I don't want to see anyone. I would actually have to brush my hair, so it's not a simple thing.

And also, what if it's stormy out or there is snow? I am old and I don't want to kill myself.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Is this weewee pad trend going to result in urine stained apartments everywhere?
You obviously don't comprehend that the potty pad absorbs all of the potty. It protects floors. That's its purpose.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
At the end of the day you have to do whats best for you however i just wanted to tell you, a housetrained dog (particularly if they sleep in a crate) CAN and will sleep through the night without a bathroom break. My dogs, an 18 month old female and 6 month old male both can hold it from 10 pm to 6 am without issue. Daytime is harder but it is also doable.

But like i said at the end of the day its your choice of what best for your dog.
I don't like to make my dog "hold it," and I would never, ever put him in a closed crate. I think crates are cruel.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion: Or you can have your dog pee in the elevator. Folks do it in the projects........( sarcasm )
Gross!

Old 03-09-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I lived in the projects as a kid and the elevators and stairwells smelled like pee, but it was from people not dogs.
Why would people do that? (Don't answer, I really don't want to know.)

Yuck!

Old 03-09-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I don't currently have a dog, but in my family the goal was to never have the dog pee inside, but to take him out. The hard part was training him to wait until he was out. Had to walk him incessantly, like every hour, until he got the idea.

So you should be glad that yours is so well-mannered.
Yes. I am very happy with him being so well-trained to go outside!

The problem is that I want him to be "bi" - I want him to go outside most of the time, but when impossible (middle of the night or early morning, mainly), I want him to be able to use a potty pad. Right now, he just looks at the potty pads and has not used them once (have been out for a month or so). He had a couple of accidents and they were not on the potty pads!

Old 03-09-2020, 08:55 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Embarrassing because if I have to get up in the middle of the night in my PJ's and get in an elevator, I don't want to see anyone. I would actually have to brush my hair, so it's not a simple thing.

And also, what if it's stormy out or there is snow? I am old and I don't want to kill myself.
Nobody cares if you brush your hair at 3am or any other time of day. I know from your posts how “old” you are. You’re not old. You’re a snowflake. I truly hope you can actually enjoy living the life in NyC most of us only dream about.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Nobody cares if you brush your hair at 3am or any other time of day. I know from your posts how “old” you are. You’re not old. You’re a snowflake. I truly hope you can actually enjoy living the life in NyC most of us only dream about.
How have you determined my age, I wonder.

And for the record, I am old.

And I'm a "snowflake?"

Fascinating.

I wonder what would prompt you to call a stranger names on the internet, especially in a forum that is not political.

I am the one who cares what I look like when I go out. I think it would be super weird to be riding up and down the elevator and be on the streets in my robe and slippers. That is just wrong.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:31 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
How have you determined my age, I wonder.

And for the record, I am old.

And I'm a "snowflake?"

Fascinating.

I wonder what would prompt you to call a stranger names on the internet, especially in a forum that is not political.

I am the one who cares what I look like when I go out. I think it would be super weird to be riding up and down the elevator and be on the streets in my robe and slippers. That is just wrong.
You said it yourself. 67. Or maybe 68 now since that post was awhile ago. And again. No one cares if you go out in your robe and slippers. Welcome to New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City