Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 10:11 AM

12,158 posts, read 7,121,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
Idk. Last year Norway made the news for having a bunch of stabbings. People getting stabbed IS normal. Is it right? No. But it's normal.
It depends. Were those stabbings commonplace in Norway? Is it a trend?

If this was the Norway forum, should those stabbings have been ignored because as you say “it’s normal?”

BTW, stabbings in busy Brooklyn Chinatown (8th Ave) is not normal hence the OP understandably created a thread for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 10:54 AM

33,389 posts, read 46,804,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It depends. Were those stabbings commonplace in Norway? Is it a trend?

If this was the Norway forum, should those stabbings have been ignored because as you say “it’s normal?”

BTW, stabbings in busy Brooklyn Chinatown (8th Ave) is not normal hence the OP understandably created a thread for it.
So if stabbings are not normal in Brooklyn's Chinatown, why should OP (or any of us for that matter) feel alarmed? If it's not normal then it's a very rare incident. Feel alarmed if crimes of this magnitude are happening once a week in Brooklyn's Chinatown for like 6 months straight. Otherwise we're going to lose our heads over every single crime the media reports.

Panic like this is the same reason ppl are selling hand sanitizer for $79. Somebody somewhere is profiting off off peoples' anxiety. It's morally wrong.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-10-2020, 10:59 AM

606 posts, read 415,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Where I live has nothing to do with it

I have more important things to worry about than somebody getting stabbed in Sunset Park

For all you know, both parties involved could have been criminals

One crime committed is too much? So show us where there's zero crime, because that's where some of you need to go to.

I've been to other countries and have seen crimes committed in front of my eyes too, so go ahead with that

How dare you stereotype your own, you know nothing about me

I'm of West Indian heritage too FYI

The nerve.
I pressed a button on accident.

But this is a really insensitive way to look at it. I really encourage you to develop your empathy more because you are lacking in it.

Crime should never be acceptable no matter where it is. Now I understand people vote in who they want and this is partly the fault of people who voted for the current law making administration.

Old 03-10-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezia View Post
I pressed a button on accident.

But this is a really insensitive way to look at it. I really encourage you to develop your empathy more because you are lacking in it.

Crime should never be acceptable no matter where it is. Now I understand people vote in who they want and this is partly the fault of people who voted for the current law making administration.
I'm not about to sit here and cry me a river over 2 criminals having a random knife fight on the street in a neighborhood that is a 45 minute drive away from me. Now if this crime happened in my neighborhood, I would be more concerned. But it didn't, therefore I'm not. You mistake insensitvity for me choosing where and what to focus my priorities on.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:04 PM

36,916 posts, read 38,838,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm not about to sit here and cry me a river over 2 criminals having a random knife fight on the street in a neighborhood that is a 45 minute drive away from me. Now if this crime happened in my neighborhood, I would be more concerned. But it didn't, therefore I'm not. You mistake insensitvity for me choosing where and what to focus my priorities on.
No one’s crying a river over this except the people directly affected.

You don’t have to go very far to go to a country that has far lower violent crime rates—just a quick hop north to Canada will do it. Maybe your priorities are to focus on changing the conditions that create violent criminals?

Old 03-10-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
No one’s crying a river over this except the people directly affected.

You don’t have to go very far to go to a country that has far lower violent crime rates—just a quick hop north to Canada will do it. Maybe your priorities are to focus on changing the conditions that create violent criminals?
That would be nice

But doing so would put other ppl in the poorhouse, unfortunately its the way things are set up.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:45 PM

2,578 posts, read 3,364,164 times
So this was a case of Chinaman on Chinaman crime?

Old 03-10-2020, 12:49 PM

2,578 posts, read 3,364,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I suggest you leave Far Rockaway and explore other neighborhoods and other countries. Living in crime and filth is not normal. Stop trying to normalize and trivialize it. This is why black and brown neighborhoods are so ****ty. This sense of apathy. One crime committed is too much! Acceptance of any type of crime helps to keep the values of our neighborhood down and makes it less desirable.

How the hell are you a mod with the type of responses you give on the board is a mystery to me.

Look maaayn, I don't always agree with 7th but he keeps it real. He lets a lot of things slide and lets the forums breath. Take a look at the censorship at the other threads by the over zealous and mentally sensitive mods there. They are pathetic. Him and Air are the best mods. Period.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:34 PM

565 posts, read 356,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Chinese are POC. Even if they're not usually economically lumped in with that term
I love the left wing liberal trap they've set for themselves. People like you actually think Asians consider themselves to be colored? Please, I dare you, I double dare you...tell me what color are Asians? Please, just say it!

I bet you won't say it. Notice how the left wing news networks like CNN and company always call Hispanics brown and AA's black but they won't say what color they believe Asians to be. They, my friend, are the racists.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:48 PM

17,877 posts, read 15,735,351 times
If this chinese on chinese crime, well, the Triads like to use kitchen knives

Just youtube Triad knife fight. I wont post it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City