Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 06:58 AM

4,171 posts, read 4,045,806 times

Advertisements

So there will be checkpoints on the Queens/Nassau border? Or do you mean on bridges and tunnels? This would have to be a new executive order.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:04 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,331,601 times
Can't find this info online and he didn't say this stuff in his briefing yesterday.

Source?

Old 03-22-2020, 07:06 AM

18,953 posts, read 13,843,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You’re a police officer, not a historian.

It’s like a person on the street reading whatever online and giving medical advice. It’s bogus. Everyone is an expert in everything until an actual crisis happens. Like Coronavirus....
You’re not a historian either, or a writer, both made very apparent every time you start typing.

To reiterate for all, this “historian” believes that it is bravado to point out that major world economies collapsing will likely lead to war. Because thousands upon thousands of years of history have proven such. But he has a degree, and says this doesn’t happen. You decide.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-22-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Put it like this. Museums, libraries and the like will hire me over someone who just read books.

When it comes to employment, credentials actually matter. Mine are pretty good.
What the heck would make you think I want to take a monster pay cut to lead 3rd graders around a museum? Lol

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-22-2020, 07:14 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,091,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
You're on the right track with Black Sabbath....perfect band to listen to for these times...

Wicked World.....the lyrics are almost perfect for Covid-19 crisis

Electric Funeral ….not bad either...

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath ...just after the 3 minute mark it gets very heavy...

Into the Void ...my fave Black Sabbath tune

Also...

The End …. The Doors

Future's So Bright... Timbuk 3

Ventilator Blues....The Rolling Stones

Trouble.....Cat Stevens...written when he thought he was going to die of T.B.

That Black Sabbath song is awesome I agree. Also....

Black Hole Sun-Soundgarden

Life is Killing me-Type O Negative

Distant early warning-Rush

The Final cut-Pink Floyd (album)

Old 03-22-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
you probably should relocate Next to airpborne so you will have access to personal protection services as needed each time when you need to get around and run some errands, assuming that he is as good and as tough as he has been bragging to be...
My services aren’t for sale. Only my family will benefit if it comes to that. Even friends are on their own.

If it ever got to that point, a lot of people are going to learn a lot of lessons right quick.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:16 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,584,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
My services aren’t for sale. Only my family will benefit if it comes to that. Even friends are on their own.

If it ever got to that point, a lot of people are going to learn a lot of lessons right quick.
John Wick style? Lol or like Rambo in Final Blood ? Oh my wife is scary those are her favorite movies, along with Man on Fire, the Equalizers, and Dirty Harry and Death Wish. My wife doesn't like bad people and loves the idea of killing bad people with extreme malice.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:17 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,073,752 times
I can't find it anywhere either, but I kind of suspected something like this was coming. So even if this exact list doesn't come to pass, something similar will.

All you need to do is look at places where things are already just as bad and worse, and see what measures have already been implemented. Anything harsher than what we've already got will definitely be coming our way.

For example, California already restricted travel within and to/from the state, I believe. And places like Brussels (which seems weird to me since they only have less than 3000 cases in the whole country of Belgium) have already stipulated that no more than 2 people can be together at any given time on the street.

So, get prepared -- we will most likely be given new more restrictive measures every few days til they can get a handle on this.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
This is what pisses me off. You have politicians and the mainstream media spreading disinformation. Both have access to experts in the field, especially the occupier-in-office in office and choose not to use them first and foremost. People are buying hand sanitizer far more than soap. We need to be more weary about where our information is coming from. There is such a lack of coordination as well.
Pretty sure you didn’t read the interaction nywriter was flapping about.

He believes that it is bravado to point out that history has proven - time and time again - that collapsing economies lead to major wars. He claims that his history degree allows him to say that this is not true.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
There have been posts by people in the last few days, threads, that were closed here by baby boomers calling for people to gather to protest in time square to protest or to simply defy stay at home ordinances. My point was to those lambasting millenials that dumb is in all generations. Being old does not make you wise and being young doesn't make you selfish. It's your individual values.
Not in this forum.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.