Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 01:22 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,959,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
EXACTLY!!! I hope everyone takes a good look at whose making, delivering, and working making sure others have the basic needs to get through this pandemic.
Not to mention all those Red state truckers and warehouses plowing along getting things where they need to go while I sit at home working on my computer remotely sipping crystal light mango squirts.

Git 'some!

;p

Old 03-23-2020, 01:33 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
Soonest hope for normalcy is this new antibody test. There is a new diagnostic for your blood that proves if you had exposure to COVID-19 and got over it so you are no longer a threat to yourself or the public

Old 03-23-2020, 01:37 PM

15,827 posts, read 14,466,566 times
Do you have anything that indicates you've been in the apartment for over a month (bills, magazine subscriptions, practically anything? If you do, the prime tenant (or landlord also) can't just throw you out. That's an illegal eviction, and they could be arrested for that.

To get your out they'd have to file for an eviction in housing court. And, from what I've heard, even being able to file is not happening for at least 90 days, let alone get a hearing, and get an eviction order.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:39 PM

At the point we are now, testing won't solve this. A vaccine would. An effective treatment might not completely solve it, but it would help tremendously. If neither of those happen, it just has to burn through until the survivor develop immunity.

Just saw this. It's an interesting concept. Intentionally letting certain groups get the virus and recover to develop herd immunity.

https://youtu.be/ozmh40wwAGc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Soonest hope for normalcy is this new antibody test. There is a new diagnostic for your blood that proves if you had exposure to COVID-19 and got over it so you are no longer a threat to yourself or the public

Last edited by BBMW; 03-23-2020 at 01:55 PM..

Old 03-23-2020, 01:41 PM

19 posts, read 17,344 times
BBMW, yes I do - I have my spectrum internet cable bill dating back to June of last year as well as several deliveries from Amazon dating back to again, June. Not trying to not pay my rent or take advantage of this pandemic, it's just the cards I was dealt. I didn't get threatened to be thrown out or anything, I contacted him Saturday to discuss with him and have not heard back yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Do you have anything that indicates you've been in the apartment for over a month (bills, magazine subscriptions, practically anything? If you do, the prime tenant (or landlord also) can't just throw you out. That's an illegal eviction, and they could be arrested for that.

To get your out they'd have to file for an eviction in housing court. And, from what I've heard, even being able to file is not happening for at least 90 days, let alone get a hearing, and get an eviction order.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:45 PM

19 posts, read 17,344 times
Also, I work in IT so when this issue gets resolved I will instantly be going back to work...I want to discuss with him a payment plan to bring me up to date. I actually really like living here..my roomates are cool and we respect eachother's necessities (Basically any food or beverages I have put in the fridge has never been taken by them) - I really hope there are not any problems.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:59 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
At the point we are now, testing won't solve this. A vaccine would. An effective treatment might not completely solve it, but it would help tremendously. If neither of those happen, it just has to burn through until the survivor develop immunity.

Just saw this. It's an interesting concept. Intentionally letting certain groups get the virus and recover to develop herd immunity.

Be sure to volunteer. Since you have been calling for society to move forward as normal. This should be something your ready to do.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:09 PM

If you think you're not going to get it you're likely wrong. I'm priced in getting it. I'm not that young, but my lungs are in pretty good shape (I never smoked.) I'd probably be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Be sure to volunteer. Since you have been calling for society to move forward as normal. This should be something your ready to do.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:20 PM

874 posts, read 454,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

"Coronavirus and Spanish flu."

I could just see it….

…if the Chinese Virus (“TCV”) was borne out of Italy, plenty of geep names would be associated with it:

The Vermicelli virus

The Venice virus

Vincenzo’s virus

La Covid Nosetra Virus

Old 03-23-2020, 02:22 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:

The antibody test isn't really to test if you have it currently--it's to test if you have already had it and developed antibodies to it. At that point, you are supposedly neither going to come down with the virus and its symptoms nor are you going to be actively incubating it. If true and the tests are accurate and well-deployed, then people who test positive for the antibodies can mostly resume life as normal. It acts somewhat similarly to having the vaccine except your body has made it already--this test just helps verify that. There is the possibility that there's already a large cohort in NYC and the Tri-State Area, or that there will be in the next couple weeks, who have had the coronavirus and will have developed antibodies to it.

You can have multiple methods, sometimes combined, to counter this. It's not like you throw out other efforts completely in order to latch onto one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City