Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 03:42 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Remdesivir is another drug developed by Gilead that the Trump administration is following to
treat Coronavirus. It could be a cure. Apparently it prevents covid-19 from replicating, stops it spread.

Gov Cuomo needs to start ordering Remdesivir instead of crying like a baby and spreading fear.
Why do you care about NY's governor when you live in Baltimore?

Old 03-25-2020, 03:54 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I cannot speak for him, but I don’t even live in the country. However, I do care for friends and family in NY so anything that the governor can do save lives I’d love. I indirectly know if three people dead of Coronavirus. A friend of a friend, my stepbrother’s uncle, and a cousin of someone in my social circle.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:06 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
No happening.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/22/...ug-remdesivir/

Quote:
Remdesivir is another drug developed by Gilead that the Trump administration is following to
treat Coronavirus. It could be a cure. Apparently it prevents covid-19 from replicating, stops it spread.

Gov Cuomo needs to start ordering Remdesivir instead of crying like a baby and spreading fear.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I cannot speak for him, but I don’t even live in the country. However, I do care for friends and family in NY so anything that the governor can do save lives I’d love. I indirectly know if three people dead of Coronavirus. A friend of a friend, my stepbrother’s uncle, and a cousin of someone in my social circle.
I wasn't speaking to you or asking you, I was asking him, specificially because he has shown up out of nowhere posting trollish remarks.

I'm aware that it's possible to live outside of NY yet care deeply about NY. I'm also aware it's possible to live outside of NY and come to NYC forum solely to troll, which is apparently what he is doing.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:47 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:

All of these suggested drugs can have severe side effects worse than the virus. They should only be prescribed only when the patient's life is at risk and they are in critical condition. OR if they are in a super high risk category with 3+ co-morbidities

The treatment protocol should be in assessed based on the patient's baseline nutrition levels (NOT just age and physical condition )

IV Vitamin C (currently being done by some Doctors) 1500mg 3x daily

Check for B deficiencies and address if necessary

Depending on how patient presents wait 48-72 hours while administering OTC fever reducers either orally or through IV drip

X-Ray after 72 hours along with bloodwork to observe changes to antibodies, inflammation level and liver/kidney markers

If symptoms maintain and do not increase, continue existing regimen until fever subsides and patient feels better. The primary indicator here cannot always be determined by diagnostic tests. If a patient is subjectively feeling better in combination with either same test results or slight improvement then a judgement call should be made based on the individual patient's genetics and risk category.

UNNECESSARY drugs should NOT be prescribed unless vital organs are under duress , clear signs of this are jaundice, questionable liver/kidney markers, severely elevated white blood cell count and evidence of pneumonia. Double pneumonia even with no symptoms (possible) is a prime candidate for aggressive antivira treatment protocol. The immune system is not working properly in cases like this.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:10 PM

6,435 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Because many people think that Cuomo is using this "crisis", and the way he handles it, is his "practice run" for the White House, after the Dems have a brokered convention, which will "stiff" Bernie again, and shove "Sleepy Joe" aside....THAT'S why many people care.

Cuomo in the WH? OMG!!!!!

Old 03-25-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Because many people think that Cuomo is using this "crisis", and the way he handles it, is his "practice run" for the White House, after the Dems have a brokered convention, which will "stiff" Bernie again, and shove "Sleepy Joe" aside....THAT'S why many people care.

Cuomo in the WH? OMG!!!!!
I didn't ask you, I asked the guy who is obviously trolling.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:19 PM

855 posts, read 451,028 times
China had success by quarantining Wuhan and not letting people leave.

Same should happen with NYC. They're a threat to LI, Conn, PA and NJ.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post

The horse has left the barn. Sorry, too late.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:24 PM

1,486 posts, read 988,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post

Um, you realize that many people who work in NYC live outside of NYC. Lets not forget who was the first confirmed case, and spread it to his family and neighbors was someone that DID NOT live in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City