Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 01:51 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times

Advertisements

This is real sad.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Not good acorrdding to a researcher.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....esearcher/amp/
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...?resultClick=1

"Whether these data have clinical implications with respect to COVID-19 is unknown."

So, it's not good, but it also isn't really saying that this means it's much worse than feared.

Besides, don't feel too down. It's not the end of the world as most people don't end up hospitalized from it so far, and it doesn't seem to mutate really quickly. Plus, it's related to viruses that have been well-studied in recent years and at least the pandemic didn't first occur in a completely unprepared country.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:56 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
A protest of one isn't doing anything. No one seems interested, yet. Let it go for another month, and we'll see what people think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
How is your protest going by the way? How real did you get?

Old 03-31-2020, 01:57 PM

3,731 posts, read 3,466,157 times
Quote:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...?resultClick=1

"Whether these data have clinical implications with respect to COVID-19 is unknown."

So, it's not good, but it also isn't really saying that this means it's much worse than feared.

Besides, don't feel too down. It's not the end of the world as most people don't end up hospitalized from it so far, and it doesn't seem to mutate really quickly. Plus, it's related to viruses that have been well-studied in recent years and at least the pandemic didn't first occur in a completely unprepared country.
This is whats funny about fear mongering. If you mention that some drugs may help treat this and the president gets happy about it, everyone points out its unproven and stop giving false hope.

Put up some nonsense about 27 feet and lingering in the air while hiding somewhere in the article that it's not proven and people panic thinking it's true.

you can't make this up

Old 03-31-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
A protest of one isn't doing anything. No one seems interested, yet. Let it go for another month, and we'll see what people think.
Well, what's the harm. It's barely worse than a flu, right?

I like that you're still standing by this. Good stuff.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
This is whats funny about fear mongering. If you mention that some drugs may help treat this and the president gets happy about it, everyone points out its unproven and stop giving false hope.

Put up some nonsense about 27 feet and lingering in the air while hiding somewhere in the article that it's not proven and people panic thinking it's true.

you can't make this up
I don't know what you're reading, but my google news aggregator was saying a lot of hopeful things about potential treatments along with worries about it as well. The latter approach is better, because it still says it's being looked at and it could help, but that it is not definitive. That sounds like the right approach.

Nonsense on top of nonsense doesn't help which is why I linked to the actual paper itself. It's definitely not good news--that part is accurate. The 27 feet and lingering in the air is what the paper is showing, that part isn't nonsense. I think you should slow down and try re-reading that part again. The nonsense part would be to say or imply that you "need" 27 feet distance away from someone or something like that. The paper does not say as much for or against that, only that it may have implications, but it is not known what if any.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:02 PM

103 posts, read 92,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
There cannot be groups of grieving families at funeral parlors due to social distancing.
I saw a facebook post going around for a Zoom memorial for someone who passed from COVID in Astoria.

I can't even imagine how his friends and family feel having to grieve that way.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:05 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,126,732 times
Quote:

lol x 100.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:07 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
That I never said. I just don't think the lockdown is going to be effective.

Quote:

Old 03-31-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Let's get real. This is barely worse than the flu. People need to stop panicking.

In point of fact, the best course of action for most people would be to just ignore it entirely and go about your life. The vast majority who'll get it would suffer little more than a cold.
Quote:

Quote:
That I never said. I just don't think the lockdown is going to be effective.
You've got a real convenient memory there! I guess that helps fuel your sense of being right about things if you don't address or question yourself when wrong. Very good!

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 03-31-2020 at 02:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City