Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 08:12 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,809,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Exactly, doesn't this suggest something very bad is going on in New York versus the rest of the USA and world. The leaders of New York are messing up bigtime!

Did you notice that Cuomo never takes any hard questions during his TV appearances.
Cuomo won't permit any independent inspections. He pontificates but doesn't address or fix things. It's a phony, corrupt new conference he holds daily.
There’s also the issue of how New York treated it’s most vulnerable citizens. People packed In homeless shelters, undocumented immigrants in filthy overcrowded apartments, overcrowding in un cleaned and poorly maintained housing projects, hipsters living 10 people to an apartment.

All of which was a Petri dish just waiting for a disease epidemic.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:43 PM

128 posts, read 113,392 times
MTA rocks

Old 04-01-2020, 09:11 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,044,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengin View Post
We need to stop a lot of things. Handshakes. We are dirty dirty creatures. Sinful@! No contact.
We went from the hanshake, to the fist bump. It was the foot bump Kid N Play style at work for me before the place closed. The foot bump seemed pretty safe.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:20 PM

36,896 posts, read 38,801,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
We went from the hanshake, to the fist bump. It was the foot bump Kid N Play style at work for me before the place closed. The foot bump seemed pretty safe.
How about just winking at each other?

Old 04-01-2020, 09:29 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,044,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
How about just winking at each other?
That can weird in a hurry esp with strangers. How about air fist bump? You can yell "hadouken" to make it extra cool!

Old 04-01-2020, 10:08 PM

11,190 posts, read 9,000,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
foot bump on expensive sneakers...nah, i am ok.

How about just saying hello or waving hi.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 PM

1,486 posts, read 972,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Because the city isn't totally shut down; as such there are a vast number of people who still need to get back and forth from work each day.

Nurses, nursing assistants, home health aides, childminders, even some physicians, are top of that list. The "Q" train still has a good number of such persons daily (you can tell by their uniforms) getting on or off at 72nd and Second. You also see same at 14th Union Square as well.

Then you have UPS, USPS, Amazon, Instacart, Fresh Direct, supermarket, and various other "essential" workers who need to get back and forth from work too.
This is what most people dont seem to understand. NYC just cant shut down the transportation system.

Many still use it daily to get to work that do essential jobs. I have friends and family who still take the bus and subway to work everyday during this pandemic because they work as home health aids. Its also complete BS that their employer is not paying them hazard pay nor even an incentive pay and forcing them to work or not get paid. The employer is only doing this because the patient is covered by Medicaid/Medicare as long as they send someone to take care of the person.

A friend told me that they were taking care of the elderly mother and the daughters office closed so shes at home with her mother and could take care of her own mother but instead she told my friend to go out and grocery shop or walk the dog (something that is not in the duties to the patient and putting her health at risk).

Catch 22 if my friend declines to grocery shop or walk the dog, the patients daughter can call the office and request a different home aid which means now my friend have to take a different patient which could mean different hours or worse, less hours.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:07 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,074,796 times
NYC could easily enforce social distancing but
Doesn't want to. Mayor de Blasio and governor Cuomo
Continually fail to learn and act. Too many people are dying needlessly in NY. Avoid the subway if
You can. Avoid NYC at all costs. Social distancing is key!

Old 04-01-2020, 11:20 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,600,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
NYC could easily enforce social distancing but
Doesn't want to. Mayor de Blasio and governor Cuomo
Continually fail to learn and act. Too many people are dying needlessly in NY. Avoid the subway if
You can. Avoid NYC at all costs. Social distancing is key!
yeah but do you think cops want to be handling infected driver licenses and cuffing people giving them attitude breathing all over them

Old 04-02-2020, 12:11 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,074,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
yeah but do you think cops want to be handling infected driver licenses and cuffing people giving them attitude breathing all over them
I get your point. I don't think most New Yorkers get the seriousness of this virus. Even if you survive it, it will cause some permanent damage to your lungs or heart.
You could end up with breathing problems for as long as you live. To act like de Blasio and Cuomo are is criminal. Not only are people dying.needlessly, but many are getting damaged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.