Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 12:13 PM

3,690 posts, read 3,416,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
You say this based on what? There's still a lot of population left to infect. This could keep growing for months. And of course, it can, and likely will peak, drop off, than spike back up, as restrictions are relaxed, the virus ping pongs around the country and world, and comes back here.
I'm basing it off of what our government officials like Cuomo are saying and following the modeling that they are following. It's all based on science.
The models they are following is publicly accessible.
LINK: http://covid19.healthdata.org/

(Federal and State Governments give this link out during press conferences as their reference)

I keep posting this link but no one seems to look at it.

NY Deaths will Peak April 10 per the Data available right now.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:14 PM

Yes it can and will come back for a second round but we will be more prepared with therapeutics by then. People really need to listen closer to the actual press conferences vs just watching the news. The news keeps out a lot of these important facts.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
We shall see, I'm guessing it will get worse in May, as the infection spreads in NYC.
Mass transit is still spreading it somewhat.
Gets worse in may? Based on what? Do you have a model I can look at?

Old 04-04-2020, 12:25 PM

15,789 posts, read 14,387,791 times
We'll see if any of this is true, I'm skeptical. The point of everything the government has been doing is to stretch out an (hopefully flatten) the infection curve. I fear they may be half correct. They may stretch out the length of the curve, but not reduce the height. We'll know in about two weeks if what they're saying has any validity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I'm basing it off of what our government officials like Cuomo are saying and following the modeling that they are following. It's all based on science.
The models they are following is publicly accessible.
LINK: COVID-19

(Federal and State Governments give this link out during press conferences as their reference)

I keep posting this link but no one seems to look at it.

NY Deaths will Peak April 10 per the Data available right now.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:29 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,638,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
If I was still in Queens and still worked in Manhattan , I likely would be driving to work due to the low traffic, or resign.
Still need parking, about $40/day and that's if you trust some guy to park it it that's been in 300 cars that day

Old 04-04-2020, 12:30 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,078,051 times
Quote:
Gets worse in may? Based on what? Do you have a model I can look at?
Based on common sense and medical doctors that are tracking it.
If you pay attention, everybody will eventually get it and the city
has like 8 Million people. Nobody is exempt according to sources I've read!

Old 04-04-2020, 12:34 PM

12,192 posts, read 7,158,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
We'll see if any of this is true, I'm skeptical. The point of everything the government has been doing is to stretch out an (hopefully flatten) the infection curve. I fear they may be half correct. They may stretch out the length of the curve, but not reduce the height. We'll know in about two weeks if what they're saying has any validity.
It is bound to slow down and even drop here in the city. With so much shutdown and isolating going on, the virus is going to have a hard time finding large numbers of new people to infect.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Based on common sense and medical doctors that are tracking it.
If you pay attention, everybody will eventually get it and the city
has like 8 Million people. Nobody is exempt according to sources I've read!
Well then you should call someone in High office because you seem to have info they don't have.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:45 PM

1,486 posts, read 977,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Anyone who gets on a subway car in NYC right now is mentally insane. I don’t care about your excuse.
Many do not have a choice. I have friends and family that are in medical who are still required to go to work everyday or risk loosing this jobs (no hazard pay or incentive pay). They do not own a car and their job will not reimburse car service such as uber/lyft, their only option is the train or bus.

On separate note there are those that still drive the buses and trains. An example of this was the Detroit bus driver incident. Due to this they city waived the bus fares and request passengers to board from the back of the bus only for the drivers protection. Im waiting to see if NYC will follow suit to protect NY bus drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF2vUoH2u6k

Old 04-04-2020, 12:54 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,390,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Anyone who gets on a subway car in NYC right now is mentally insane. I don’t care about your excuse.
Except some people don't have a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City