Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 06:45 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,944,967 times

Advertisements

I would never get into a car service of any type, before, during or after this pandemic, another choice.

Try as you might to say otherwise, getting on the subway is a choice, and anyone who makes that choice right now is a fool.

I’ll give a pass to anyone who does so wearing a full HAZMAT suit.

I have to go to work every day during this event as well. I’ve made choices in life that have culminated in not leaving me dependent upon government-provided mass transit. These people didn’t. Stop pretending it isn’t a choice though.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-04-2020, 06:45 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,543,511 times
Default What's Open in Sunnyside

Since I think there's a sizable Queens contingency in this forum, thought this might be useful.

https://sunnysidepost.com/online-map...virus-shutdown

Old 04-04-2020, 07:08 PM

112 posts, read 151,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
To identify which states have experienced the largest unemployment increases, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across two key metrics. These metrics compare initial unemployment claim increases for the week of March 23, 2020 to both the same week in 2019 and the first week of 2020. Below, you can see highlights from the report, along with a WalletHub Q&A.

To say NY State has one of the smallest increases in unemployment is RIDICULOUS!

Thousands of New Yorkers waste hours every day trying to jump through the hoops and they can't find anyone to take their applications! The phone lines are jammed and the online application keeps crashing.

A huge blunder that no one in the media is talking about. I know some single parents out of work and out of cash, tiny savings already depleted and are asking for loans just to feed their kids. So far, I'd say the federal and state government has done little to nothing to help the common man and woman. The administering of aid has been a failure so far.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:13 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I would never get into a car service of any type, before, during or after this pandemic, another choice.

Try as you might to say otherwise, getting on the subway is a choice, and anyone who makes that choice right now is a fool.

I’ll give a pass to anyone who does so wearing a full HAZMAT suit.

I have to go to work every day during this event as well. I’ve made choices in life that have culminated in not leaving me dependent upon government-provided mass transit. These people didn’t. Stop pretending it isn’t a choice though.
Guess what? For some, it's either take the subway to get to work in a quick and effective manner or lose their job. Plain and simple. It's a choice they have to make, period. Even if they don't want to.

Get off your high horse. You act as if everyone saw this epidemic coming and didn't plan for it. You did? Good for you.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:28 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
I'm not afraid to take mass transit if I need to. I don't take it for sh!ts and giggles. But when I do need to take it I am aware of the situation.
I suspect I got the corona virus the first week of Feb so hopefully I am immune to it. However I know I may not be and there is a chance I may get it from someone, somewhere. I follow the rules we've been given but I don't live in fear. I'm doing what I can to protect myself from getting it but if I get it, I get it. Hopefully I then beat it, if I don't then I don't.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:58 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,363,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
NYPD arrested a woman for not social distancing, locked her in a cell with two dozen others for 36 hours

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/03/...s-coronavirus/

Our criminal justice system makes so much sense!

Old 04-04-2020, 08:01 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Guess what? For some, it's either take the subway to get to work in a quick and effective manner or lose their job. Plain and simple. It's a choice they have to make, period. Even if they don't want to.

Get off your high horse. You act as if everyone saw this epidemic coming and didn't plan for it. You did? Good for you.
I’m sorry you don’t understand the difference between a choice and a forced situation is, but that’s your problem, not mine.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-04-2020, 08:32 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times
Few things I have noted:
5g installd everywhere
They trying to kill religion
We starting to give up our rights
Drivers are speeding
Hardly anyone In nyc are wearing masks
Why our pets have no become ill?
All these beards are making me nauseas.

Old 04-04-2020, 08:50 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Few things I have noted:
5g installd everywhere
They trying to kill religion
We starting to give up our rights
Drivers are speeding
Hardly anyone In nyc are wearing masks
Why our pets have no become ill?
All these beards are making me nauseas.
I don't know; Jesus, Muhammad and Abraham all looked their best when sporting beards.
The only clean cut one that also had 5g was Buddha, as far as I know.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:33 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,716,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowFamilyRedWhite&Blu View Post
To say NY State has one of the smallest increases in unemployment is RIDICULOUS!

Thousands of New Yorkers waste hours every day trying to jump through the hoops and they can't find anyone to take their applications! The phone lines are jammed and the online application keeps crashing.

A huge blunder that no one in the media is talking about. I know some single parents out of work and out of cash, tiny savings already depleted and are asking for loans just to feed their kids. So far, I'd say the federal and state government has done little to nothing to help the common man and woman. The administering of aid has been a failure so far.

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy/...by-coronavirus

April 2

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the states that lead the country in unemployment spikes are mostly the same high-population states that have seen the largest number of coronavirus diagnoses to date. More than 1 million Californians filed initial claims last week and the week prior. More than 446,000 New Yorkers did the same, according to data from the Labor Department and the Economic Policy Institute.

The states with the largest number of jobless claims are also many of the same states that adopted aggressive social distancing measures, as governors have shut down non-essential businesses and, in some cases, issued shelter-in-place measures. Pennsylvania and Ohio are second and third, respectively, in initial jobless claims filed during the past two weeks, trailing only California. Both Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine have been lauded for their decisions to shutter non-essential businesses early in their respective outbreaks.

Spikes in unemployment claims and coronavirus diagnoses have been less severe in a group of more sparsely populated Midwestern and Western states, including the Dakotas, Montana and Wyoming.

"The first wave of unemployed workers included retail and restaurant industry workers, with workers of color disproportionately impacted," Rebecca Dixon, executive director of the National Employment Law Project, said in a statement on Thursday. "Now, they are being joined by workers who either cannot telecommute or whose telecommuting jobs were shut down because so much of the economy is shuttered."

City-Data map

Last edited by jonbenson; 04-04-2020 at 10:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City