Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 06:41 PM

36,919 posts, read 38,874,163 times

Advertisements

Mod Cut
Okay, that pretty much doesn't square with anything. People are definitely trying it. Saying that it is not proven to be clinically effective is also saying that it's not clinically proven to be ineffective. It's also not the only drug or part of a combination of drugs being trialed.

Trying it isn't bad, but you also have to remember that a large number of people recover without intubation so it's important to understand the efficacy of this drug, because there is more than one candidate out there for treatment, not all of them safely compatible with each other, and there are actual real stats to sort out. Does this mean it's ineffective? No, that's not what that means.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:38 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,079,463 times
There are tests happening in Australia and Holland with the old BCG vaccine against tuberculosis. Italian doctors noticed that non-Europeans were less affected, due to maybe having stronger immunity because the vaccine is still used in countries outside Europe.

It's a hundred year plus vaccine and hasn't been used in a long time in most Western countries. It does well against respiratory and neo-natal infections in spite of the fact it is effective in only 60 percent of vaccinated children. Researchers are expecting results in 4 months time.

This is a capsule in French from France Culture, a French National Radio;

https://www.franceculture.fr/emissio...re-la-covid-19

Old 04-06-2020, 07:45 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,828,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
There are tests happening in Australia and Holland with the old BCG vaccine against tuberculosis. Italian doctors noticed that non-Europeans were less affected, due to maybe having stronger immunity because the vaccine is still used in countries outside Europe.

It's a hundred year plus vaccine and hasn't been used in a long time in most Western countries. It does well against respiratory and neo-natal infections in spite of the fact it is effective in only 60 percent of vaccinated children. Researchers are expecting results in 4 months time.

This is a capsule in French from France Culture, a French National Radio;

https://www.franceculture.fr/emissio...re-la-covid-19
Out of 11000 people who got Coronavirus virus in Brazil, 500 died. Similar rates to Western nations. There is absolutely no proof TV vaccines cover against Coronavirus.

Third world nations often don’t have sufficient money for tests, so if you get Coronavirus get it and if you die, you die.

People should really stop spreading lies.

Another was that it was going to go away with warm weather until it was confirmed to be spreading and killing people in the tropics.

Another was Blacks wouldn’t get it. Then of course I’m the US Blacks are among the highest casualties.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:52 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,079,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Out of 11000 people who got Coronavirus virus in Brazil, 500 died. Similar rates to Western nations. There is absolutely no proof TV vaccines cover against Coronavirus.

Third world nations often don’t have sufficient money for tests, so if you get Coronavirus get it and if you die, you die.

People should really stop spreading lies.

Another was that it was going to go away with warm weather until it was confirmed to be spreading and killing people in the tropics.

Another was Blacks wouldn’t get it. Then of course I’m the US Blacks are among the highest casualties.

Yes, thank you for the hysterics, but the vaccine is not necessarily focussed on the primary disease, but the possibility that respiratory problems in particular may be curbed, shortened.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:07 PM

3,798 posts, read 4,644,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

I think the black community is getting hit hard for several reasons.

1. For the reason you mentioned.
2. Many black people just don't trust the government. Seeing a bunch of older white guys on national TV telling Americans what to do doesn't help send the message either.
3. Many urban/inner cities areas in this country are mostly minorities i.e. black people. so when a particular race of people are living in an area that is so crowded you'll see more cases.
4. And this is a big one. Not listening!! Which is partly #2 but I've heard black people call out their own people on how they are still playing games of basketball in parks, having big parties etc. And that's not to say white people don't do the same. I.e. spring breakers in Florida. But I think it just adds to the other reasons.

5. Also, health wise many black people are in worse health. Not because of their own fault but because more grew up in poverty/lack of good nutrition & that puts them at a disadvantage in fighting this virus.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:13 PM

481 posts, read 424,949 times
New York City is in the grip of a pandemic and the ice cream truck just went by, tring-a-ling song and all.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:22 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,557,262 times
Default Good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Sorry again doomsday posters who wanted the world to end, looks like another good day of numbers dropping.

Get ready for last ditch efforts of fear mongering from some politicians and media who want the spotlight one last time.
Hang in there folks!
That's good news that hospitalizations are going down! We know this downward turn will need to continue from here on out. Nevertheless, it's very encouraging news at this point.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,557,262 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
it's been a good few days, you are not paying attention.

Yes it's bad news 500 are dying a day but projections showed 2000+ would be dying in NY per day by now. It's not happening so that's GOOD NEWS and a GOOD TREND.

I know some of you just HATE good news. Makes me wonder what kind of situation you have going on that you actually fight good news when it's in front of your face.

How about a little hope?
This.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:32 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,594,489 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnVp...&feature=share

Old 04-06-2020, 08:44 PM

8,911 posts, read 4,698,363 times
I still see them by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City