Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 09:47 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,545,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You're not a "Boomer" if you are in touch with today's cost of living. The people that are termed "Boomers" are not.

The people that are termed "Boomers" are wondering why people with advanced degrees are unemployed.
Oooohhhh. I did not know that. That explains a lot .

Old 04-23-2020, 09:53 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Another admirable display of a profound fund of knowledge :-). Baby Boomer generation is called that because of their large numbers, due to very high birth rate between 1946 and 1964. The population boom is what earned the name to the generation. The author of the post to which you responded isn't a Boomer, but GenX if I remember correctly. Boomers tend to be sober nowadays :-).

Incidentally, since I am proudly a Boomer, the majority of my friends and acquaintances are of that generation too. I know of no Boomer who gets mad for being called a Boomer.
Quote:
I am fine with whatever name anyone has for dead weight, as long as it is moved off of the most valuable land on the planet. Housing the welfare population in Sigmund Freud Residential Mental Wellness Centers in Upstate NY, with swan ponds and meditation pavilions (would be interesting to see how long it takes for dead gangbangers to replace the swans in the ponds, and pavilions to get covered with graffiti :-), is totally fine with me, as long as housing availability that the NYC welfare population is tying up, and quality of life they are dragging down, on some of the most valuable land in the world is freed up by their relocation somewhere much cheaper.
Ok, boomer. LOL!

Old 04-23-2020, 09:56 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Don't get me started on the "Ok, boomer" crap. Where it currently stands though, as used by those who regularly use it (though I reject the definition they claim), I'm starting to see it as a badge of honor. I'll leave it at that.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-23-2020, 09:57 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,545,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Ok, boomer. LOL!
Yikes! I wish there was a way that the people you have put on your ignore list don't show up when they're quoted. Holy Cow!

Back to work....

Ps I was refer to the beatle fan, not you.

Last edited by Hannah5555; 04-23-2020 at 10:08 AM..

Old 04-23-2020, 10:42 AM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Oooohhhh. I did not know that. That explains a lot .
Yeah, now you understand

"Boomers" don't understand that starting rent in the hood for a decent 1 bedroom is approaching $2,000

The Internet meaning really has nothing to do with age

It's the mentality

It just so happens that the majority who possess this unfortunate trait happen to be in the range of near retirement to about 10 years retired.

and then they get Condescending about it

Thats what makes them a "Boomer"

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-23-2020, 11:02 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,386,334 times
Quote:
The term "Boomer" that is used on the Internet is not meant to be used in the generational definition of what a Boomer is. The linear train of thought is not necessary here. People just use the term as a sign of contempt towards people who are roughly 10 years away from general US retirement age and older, and are out of touch with today's cost of living compared to when they were in the work force. It's not that serious.

There is one and only correct definition of the term (Baby) Boomer: a person born during the population boom of 1946 to 1964.

Old 04-23-2020, 11:02 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Don't get me started on the "Ok, boomer" crap. Where it currently stands though, as used by those who regularly use it (though I reject the definition they claim), I'm starting to see it as a badge of honor. I'll leave it at that.
It was sarcastic—look at the person I’m responding to

Old 04-23-2020, 11:04 AM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
There is one and only correct definition of the term (Baby) Boomer: a person born during the population boom of 1946 to 1964.
Human beings are the most resistant species to change

Everything evolves Eleanor

Go buy an iPhone

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-23-2020, 11:08 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
It was sarcastic—look at the person I’m responding to
I know, I was making a general statement.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-23-2020, 11:18 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,386,334 times
Quote:
Yeah, now you understand

"Boomers" don't understand that starting rent in the hood for a decent 1 bedroom is approaching $2,000

The Internet meaning really has nothing to do with age

It's the mentality

It just so happens that the majority who possess this unfortunate trait happen to be in the range of near retirement to about 10 years retired.

and then they get Condescending about it

Thats what makes them a "Boomer"

There are no Boomers with an interest in NYC who don't know what the starting rents are in NYC this year. That's what makes you a ...... (alright, I can't write that word on this forum :-).

Do you know who Tim Berners-Lee is (btw, it is someone born in the middle of Baby Boom)? You can look it up, along with the vast number of words that you tend to use in wrong meanings... you can look it all up on the World Wide Web, since Berners-Lee invented it :-).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City