Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 07:46 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,126,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Yeah, I don't get it either why am I more interesting to you guys than is the actual subject of the thread. I am not interested in you; why are you interested in me??? Why are you discussing me instead of the subject of the thread? I voiced an opinion about the cause (and a possible solution) for lack of housing affordability in NYC. But then, instead of voicing some diffetent opinions about this problem in NYC, everyone wants to voice some type of opinion about ME??! :-)))).

But I told you I had pretty well determined the idea you proposed had more to do with you than the population you feel entitled enough to displace.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:52 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,388,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
You have a fascination with threads about poverty just to state your story about how you came from Eastern Europe and made it and are now retire with a condo in the BX.. Just write an E-book.

You are the only person that mentioned my retirement or my condo in this thread :-). I would not have mentioned my origin either if I hadn't beed specifically asked about it. And incidentally, why are you engaging with me? :-)

Poverty does interest me as a subject. It seems to me very simple for any US citizen to get out of poverty, so I find it mindboggling that poverty is so massive in the US, and is causing such tremendous problems. If I mention my own "achievement", it is only to point out that achievement in the US is so readily available that it is available EVEN to a fairly unexceptional person hampered by lack of citizenship for three decades.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:14 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,388,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
But I told you I had pretty well determined the idea you proposed had more to do with you than the population you feel entitled enough to displace.

If you determined that the idea about unsustainable size of welfare population in NYC has to do mostly with me (?!), I can only determine that you don"t know much about problems of NYC. Like everyone else, I am entitled to an opinion. I certainly have no executive pover or "entitlement" to displace anyone. Speaking of displacement, welfare population has in fact displaced all other populations from most of the Bronx in the past 50 years, so building welfare housing somewhere else could maybe correct the near-total displacement of other people that the balooning population of the poor caused in the Bronx to start with.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:33 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,126,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
If you determined that the idea about unsustainable size of welfare population in NYC has to do mostly with me (?!), I can only determine that you don"t know much about problems of NYC. Like everyone else, I am entitled to an opinion. I certainly have no executive pover or "entitlement" to displace anyone. Speaking of displacement, welfare population has in fact displaced all other populations from most of the Bronx in the past 50 years, so building welfare housing somewhere else could maybe correct the near-total displacement of other people that the balooning population of the poor caused in the Bronx to start with.

No, I specifically said your idea had a personal hue. It doesn't take an Einstein to posit on the welfare population in NYC. But your idea is kooky, at best, and wicked at the middle of the meter.

Take a look at pictures of Old New York, or Old Zagreb come to think of it, and you will see children with no shoes on. You don't need to go that far back to see a huge discrepancy between the haves and have nots. I think that while there are huge problems with unemployment and welfare groups, not only in NYC, but in other cities, countries, the progress has been real. I would work on the fundamentals, and not chastise and brand a mass of people like you do, and tell them they will never achieve anything, and that is what you do. You can't dispute that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City